G&T – HIGH SPIRITS Album Launch with Mec Lir & Innes Watson Stereo 7 Oct 2015
G&T – HIGH SPIRITS Album Launch with Mec Lir & Innes Watson
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
Stereo Cafe Bar
20 – 28 Renfield Lane, Glasgow G2 6PH
G&T are launching their brand new album HIGH SPIRITS. Come and join the party with music from Mec Lir, Innes Watson and a trad disco!
Gráinne Brady & Tina Jordan Rees
Gráinne and Tina are an exciting and original fiddle and piano duo based in Glasgow. Originally from Cavan and Lancashire the pair perform solely their own unique compositions. Since meeting in 2012, G&T have performed across Scotland, Ireland and England and in 2013 recorded an EP.
HIGH SPIRITS, the highly anticipated album by G&T, is packed full of newly composed tunes all written by Gráinne and Tina. The girls play fiddle, piano, flute and whistle and have guest musicians on guitar, double bass, bodhrán and accordion featuring on the album.
“It’s very rare you hear something that makes you go: ‘Wow! That’s totally original.'” Dick Gaughan
“A top notch band with world class musicians, Mec Lir truly capture the essence of good craic music, and they are very handsome too” – Tom Callister, Mec Lir
Not one to blow his own trumpet, Manx fiddle player Tom Callister brought together a group of his pals in 2014 to form a new band. Joined by drummer Greg Barry from Scotland and fellow Manx musicians Adam Rhodes on bouzouki and David Kilgallon on keys.
Bringing foot stomping beats to some of your favourite trad tunes, Mec Lir will make you move!
Innes Watson, instrumentalist, singer and composer has been working in the Scottish music scene since graduating from the RCS with a BA in Scottish Music in 2006. He has worked with almost everyone on the scene from Gaelic singers to contemporary composers, from funk bands to ceilidh bands, young musicians to veteran professionals! Across the board Innes has gained experience as a fiddler, guitarist, singer, songwriter, composer and arranger of Scottish and contemporary music at the highest level. Winner of the 2011 Instrumentalist of the Year Award at Na Trads he continues to spread his experience wider and wider. Playing some new songs of his own and some traditional and contemporary songs, you may even hear some brand new poetry in this one-man act.
Doors @ 7.30pm. £10/£8 students.
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- Linda Jaxson at Avant Garde
- Edwyn Collins at Monorail Music
- Hannah Aldridge and the Goat Roper Band
- Ras Digby (Sir Jessus Soundsystem) The Rum Shack
- Love Music Hate Racism at The Blue Arrow
- Living with Words, Finn’s Place
- Knickerbocker Glory Glasgow University Feminist Society
- International Womens Day The Blue Arrow
- The Opera Boys Cottiers
- St Andrews Chamber Orchestra at Cottiers
- Jack Lukeman OranMor
- Threebop plus Little Acres at The Blue Arrow
- Sarah MacDougall, The Doublet
- Black Star Jackals EP Launch
- Sarah Jane Scouten The Doublet
- Cowboy Calypso, WomanSaid and Stephen EvEns
- New Candys + Kundalini Genie & Gelatine
- Open Mic Tuesdays at Queen Margaret Union
- Lola in Slacks Single Launch at Websters
- Dave Arcari and Andres Roots