GSFF: Opening Screening Terror Nullius
13 March, 2019 8.30 p.m.
At once satire, eco-horror and road movie, this political revenge fable offers an unwriting of Australian national mythologies. Soda_Jerk’s revisionist history opens a wilful narrative space where cinema fictions and historical facts permeate each other in new ways. The apocalyptic desert camps of Mad Max 2 become the site of refugee detention, flesh-eating sheep are recast as anti-colonial insurgents and a feminist motorcycle gang goes vigilante on Mel Gibson.
Formed in Sydney in 2002, Soda Jerk is a two-person art collective working at the intersection of documentary and speculative fiction. They are fundamentally interested in the politics of images: how they circulate, whom they benefit, and how they can be undone, through sampling, re-editing, superimposition
The artists will be in attendance for a post-screening conversation.
£7.00 full price / £5.00 concessions
Ticket holders get a free drink courtesy of our friends at Merchant City Brewing Co. and Biggar Gin!
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Pain and Glory, GFT
- A Faithful Man, GFT
- Chic-raq GFT
- Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Through Black Spruce, GFT
- BlacKkKlansman, GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Gaza GFT
- Preview: For Sama GFT plus Q & A
- Canada Now, GFT
- Take One Action, GFT
- Kaleidoscope Realms, Matchbox Cine Club
- The Farewell Opening Gala GYFF 2019
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- Five Seasons: The Gardens of Piet Oudolf at GFT
- Africa in Motion Film Club: Kuxa Kanema CCA
- Apocalypse Now: Final Cut plus recorded Q and A GFT
- Adoption GFT