GSFF: Opening Screening Terror Nullius
13 March, 2019 8.30 p.m.
At once satire, eco-horror and road movie, this political revenge fable offers an unwriting of Australian national mythologies. Soda_Jerk’s revisionist history opens a wilful narrative space where cinema fictions and historical facts permeate each other in new ways. The apocalyptic desert camps of Mad Max 2 become the site of refugee detention, flesh-eating sheep are recast as anti-colonial insurgents and a feminist motorcycle gang goes vigilante on Mel Gibson.
Formed in Sydney in 2002, Soda Jerk is a two-person art collective working at the intersection of documentary and speculative fiction. They are fundamentally interested in the politics of images: how they circulate, whom they benefit, and how they can be undone, through sampling, re-editing, superimposition
The artists will be in attendance for a post-screening conversation.
£7.00 full price / £5.00 concessions
Ticket holders get a free drink courtesy of our friends at Merchant City Brewing Co. and Biggar Gin!
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Yikes Film Club presents Grand Budapest Hotel
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- The Bolshoi Ballet: Carmen Suite / Petrushka Live
- Arctic GFT
- Birds of Passage
- Slow Food Glasgow Food, Class and Transformation in Glasgow
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival Bailando Con Margot: An Encore Screening CCA
- Asbury Park: Riot, Redemption, Rock n Roll GFT
- Donbass GFT
- Submissions Glasgow Film Festival
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Southside Film Festival 2019
- Wild Rose Review Pat Byrne
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- Liam Gallagher: As It Was plus Exclusive Live Satellite Performance
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- 80 Years of Cinema Glasgow Film Theatre
- Vox Lux GFT