GSFF: Opening Screening Terror Nullius
13 March, 2019 8.30 p.m.
At once satire, eco-horror and road movie, this political revenge fable offers an unwriting of Australian national mythologies. Soda_Jerk’s revisionist history opens a wilful narrative space where cinema fictions and historical facts permeate each other in new ways. The apocalyptic desert camps of Mad Max 2 become the site of refugee detention, flesh-eating sheep are recast as anti-colonial insurgents and a feminist motorcycle gang goes vigilante on Mel Gibson.
Formed in Sydney in 2002, Soda Jerk is a two-person art collective working at the intersection of documentary and speculative fiction. They are fundamentally interested in the politics of images: how they circulate, whom they benefit, and how they can be undone, through sampling, re-editing, superimposition
The artists will be in attendance for a post-screening conversation.
£7.00 full price / £5.00 concessions
Ticket holders get a free drink courtesy of our friends at Merchant City Brewing Co. and Biggar Gin!
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Girl GFT
- Astro Black GSFF at CCA
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2019
- First Reels 2: Scottish Women Filmmakers of the 1990s CCA
- Wuthering Heights, Glasgow Film Theatre
- GSFF19 | Blueprint: Scottish Independent Shorts
- Accents, Glasgow Short Film Festival 2019
- Us, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Under the Silver Lake GFT
- Laurel and Hardy, Best Before Bed Cinema
- Everybody Knows GFT
- Yikes Film Club – Brass Eye Tapes
- Femspectives Film Festival Glasgow
- Womxns Networking Brunch
- Evening of discussion: poetry and film with Sawsan Al-Areeqe
- GSFF: Opening Screening Terror Nullius
- Ray and Liz, GFT
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Maiden GFT
- The Kindergarten Teacher, GFT