Gregor Fisher, The Mitchell Library, October 27th, 2015
Gregor Fisher at The Mitchell Library, North St, Glasgow G3 7DN
October 27th at 6.30pm.
From the squalor of industrial Coatbridge after WW1 to his own 1950s Glasgow childhood, via a love letter found in the wallet of a dead man and meeting his sister outside lost luggage at Glasgow Central, Gregor shares his family story with warmth and blunt Scottish humour.
Growing up in the Glasgow suburbs, Gregor was 14 when he asked where he was christened and was told that he was adopted. But it wasn’t quite that simple. And so began an unfolding of truths, half-truths and polite cover-ups from his various families. In 2014 Gregor approached Times columnist Melanie Reid to help him tell his story. Together they travelled through the mining villages of central Scotland to uncover the mystery of his birth and early life. What emerged was a story of secrets, deception, tragic accidents and early death, coldness and rejection from the very people who should have cherished him most, but a welcome from the most unexpected of quarters.
Come and meet much loved Scottish actor Gregor Fisher uncover his dramatic family history
0141 353 8000
Join Gregor at The Mitchell Library on October 27th at 6.30pm.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- Novelist Ann Cleeves, Creative Conversations
- Christmas Speakeasy and Open Mic, Scottish Writers
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Michael J Malone at Book Week Scotland 2018
- Lin Anderson, Shaping the Story at Scottish Writers Centre
- Catriona Malan ‘Meet the Author’ at Fruin Farm
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Open Mic at the Balloch House Hotel
- Creative Conversations: Zinnie Harris, playwright, screenwriter and theatre director.
- From Glasgow to Saturn Call for Submissions
- The Wee Guide to Porridge, Deedee Cuddihy
- Book Week Scotland, Autumn Voices
- Simon Carlyle and Gregor Sharp, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Kusama – Infinity, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Breaking Boundaries, Bringing Translated Literature to Scotland
- Red Squirrel Press, Scottish Writers Centre
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Remembering Glasgow’s Forgotten Women
- Book Week Scotland 2018