Gregor Fisher, The Mitchell Library, October 27th, 2015
Gregor Fisher at The Mitchell Library, North St, Glasgow G3 7DN
October 27th at 6.30pm.
From the squalor of industrial Coatbridge after WW1 to his own 1950s Glasgow childhood, via a love letter found in the wallet of a dead man and meeting his sister outside lost luggage at Glasgow Central, Gregor shares his family story with warmth and blunt Scottish humour.
Growing up in the Glasgow suburbs, Gregor was 14 when he asked where he was christened and was told that he was adopted. But it wasn’t quite that simple. And so began an unfolding of truths, half-truths and polite cover-ups from his various families. In 2014 Gregor approached Times columnist Melanie Reid to help him tell his story. Together they travelled through the mining villages of central Scotland to uncover the mystery of his birth and early life. What emerged was a story of secrets, deception, tragic accidents and early death, coldness and rejection from the very people who should have cherished him most, but a welcome from the most unexpected of quarters.
Come and meet much loved Scottish actor Gregor Fisher uncover his dramatic family history
0141 353 8000
Join Gregor at The Mitchell Library on October 27th at 6.30pm.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- The 5th Annual Champipunship, OranMor
- Cindigo, Poets at West End Festival
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library