Great News: Centre for Contemporary Arts (CCA) Re-opening
CCA, Saramago Cafe Bar, Welcome Home and Aye-Aye Books will reopen to the public this Saturday 20 October, 2018 from 12noon.
Jonas Staal’s The Scottish-European Parliament will reopen on Tuesday 23 October, when the events programme also starts again with Iglooghost. Kari Stewart and Shireen Taylor’s, Time Management, exhibition opens the following weekend in Intermedia.
Week Beginning Monday 22nd October, you can look forward the Screening Irish History series which continues with Shake Hands With the Devil, staring James Cagney, Matchbox Cineclub take over the CCA cinema for a four-night halloween pop-up in collaboration with Pity Party Film Club and She’s En Scene. Mount Florida Screenings also return with their bi-monthly artist moving image screening.
There are movement and sound workshops from The Glasgow Jam, 3 Elements of Difference and MAW; Playwrights’ Studio host the Stage to Page workshop evening; and Seeds of Thought present their monthly Poetry Night and Drawing Session.
“Thank you all for your amazing support over the past four months, we can’t wait to welcome you back to CCA!”
- Novelist Sarah Moss Creative Conversations
- Women and Rent Strikes Red Clydeside at the Mitchell Library
- Free Online Course, University of Glasgow: Robert Burns: Poems, Songs and Legacy
- Burns Night, Inn Deep
- Nichol Wheatley’s art depicting the tale of Tam O’Shanter at OranMor
- The Enduring Appeal of Mary Queen of Scots – University of Glasgow Research
- Curtain Set to Rise on Celtic Connections 2019
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Silent Disco Party Parade, The Record Factory
- Glasgow Girls Kings Theatre
- Discover Family History at Kelvinhall
- Blueprint: Theorum CCA
- Collette, GFT
- Coach to Vienna + Fruit of Paradise | Ester Krumbachová Film Programme
- Conny Plank The Potential of Noise
- NT Live The Tragedy of King Richard II
- The Favourite, GFT
- Stan and Ollie, GFT
- CANCELLED She’s En Scene Women’s Screening: The Surprise Film CCA
- Tell It Slant Express Yourself on Burns Night