GRAMNet Film Series Launch: Constance on the Edge, CCA Wed 11 October 2017
Filmed over 10 years, Constance on the Edge is an unflinchingly honest portrayal of one refugee family’s resettlement story in Australia.
Brave, lion-hearted, charismatic Constance, mother of six, confronts her painful past in war torn Sudan, and risks everything in Australia so her family can thrive.
Mary, Constance’s niece, finds it impossible to find a job. Vicky, her daughter, studies every morning from 4am, hoping to get into university. Charles, 23, is struggling with alienation and depression.
Constance on the Edge gets to the heart of a contemporary untold story about the courage and resilience it takes to build new lives. The film also highlights the important role communities play in encouraging a sense of belonging and enabling participation for everyone.
- Southside Film Festival 2018
- Memento, GFT
- Selected 8 New film & video from across the UK, CCA
- The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou, GFT
- Grease, GFT
- An Unashamed Claim to Visibility: films about queerness + dis/ability, CCA
- Cool Hand Luke, GFT
- Another News Story, GFT
- Custody, Winner of GFF18 Audience Award at GFT
- Western, GFT
- A Gentle Creature, GFT
- Funny Cow at GFT
- Call for Young Programmers for 10th Anniversary of Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Love, Simon GFT
- The Grosvenor Cinema, Ashton Lane, Glasgow G12
- Radical Film Network 6818 Launch, Glasgow
- Antonio Lopez 1970: Sex, Fashion and Disco
- Glasgow Zine Fest SQIFF Presents: Live in DIY Queer Filmmaking Conversation! CCA
- Friday the 13th at GFT
- Glasgow Zine Fest SQIFF Presents: By Hook or By Crook + Unhung Heroes