GRAMNet Film Series Launch: Constance on the Edge, CCA Wed 11 October 2017
Filmed over 10 years, Constance on the Edge is an unflinchingly honest portrayal of one refugee family’s resettlement story in Australia.
Brave, lion-hearted, charismatic Constance, mother of six, confronts her painful past in war torn Sudan, and risks everything in Australia so her family can thrive.
Mary, Constance’s niece, finds it impossible to find a job. Vicky, her daughter, studies every morning from 4am, hoping to get into university. Charles, 23, is struggling with alienation and depression.
Constance on the Edge gets to the heart of a contemporary untold story about the courage and resilience it takes to build new lives. The film also highlights the important role communities play in encouraging a sense of belonging and enabling participation for everyone.
- The Post,GFT
- Lover for a Day, GFT
- Cinemaattic presents Psiconautas + Q&A at CCA, Glasgow
- In Conversation with Cecilia Stenbom, CCA, Glasgow
- Mount Florida Screenings, CCA
- Fukushima Mon Amour, GFT
- 4 at GFT
- Get Out, Late Night at GFT
- Glasgow Film Festival 2018 – Closing Gala: Felipe Bustos Sierra’s Nae Pasaran
- Darkest Hour, GFT
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Occupation 101: ‘Voice of the Silenced Majority’ Screening
- Fright Fest at Glasgow Film Festival 2018
- Dolores, 12 – 14 January, 2018 GFT
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri at GFT
- Medieval Movie Club Presents: The Devils at CCA
- UKJF Love Is Thicker Than Water at CCA
- Visible Cinema: RCS Curates: Departure Lounge and Deaf Funny(CTBC) at GFT
- Dance House Glasgow WinterFest
- Eric Clapton: Life in 12 Bars