Glasgow’s Stained Glass: Colour & Light Exhibition Launch, Glasgow City Heritage Trust, 12th December 2014, 4pm
Glasgow’s Stained Glass: Colour & Light
Exhibition Launch, Glasgow City Heritage Trust
12th December 2014, 4pm
54 Bell Street, Merchant City
Stained Glass Project Officer: Rachael Purse MA (Hons), MSc
In September an ambitious three month project began to create an online database of Glasgow’s stained glass in conjunction with the Scottish Stained Glass Trust and RCAHMS. To celebrate the culmination of this project, Rachael has curated a mixed-medium exhibition which seeks to reveal some of the windows recorded on the SCRAN database. This project is hoped to be the beginning of a much greater task, cataloguing all of Scotland’s stained glass. From abstract designs to biblical scenes, stained glass is a compelling and diverse medium, and we hope to promote this aspect of Glasgow’s social and architectural history.
Drinks and nibbles will be available.
Please RSVP before the 8th of December.
To Book: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 552 1331.
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Denise Noone Bathing Bells at Govanhill Baths review by Pat Byrne
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Brushes With War, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Bathing Bells Exhibition, Govanhill Baths
- Young Talent Exhibition, ProjectAbility Glasgow
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- Museums at Night, Glasgow, October, 2018
- Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow Exhibition, The Mitchell
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Cryptic Sonica in Glasgow 2018 – Portal, Pivot and Visaurihelix
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- HYPERMARKET – ART CAR BOOT, SWG3 2018
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Summer Show 2018, Ardarden Farm Shop
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend