Glasgow’s Stained Glass: Colour & Light Exhibition Launch, Glasgow City Heritage Trust, 12th December 2014, 4pm
Glasgow’s Stained Glass: Colour & Light
Exhibition Launch, Glasgow City Heritage Trust
12th December 2014, 4pm
54 Bell Street, Merchant City
Stained Glass Project Officer: Rachael Purse MA (Hons), MSc
In September an ambitious three month project began to create an online database of Glasgow’s stained glass in conjunction with the Scottish Stained Glass Trust and RCAHMS. To celebrate the culmination of this project, Rachael has curated a mixed-medium exhibition which seeks to reveal some of the windows recorded on the SCRAN database. This project is hoped to be the beginning of a much greater task, cataloguing all of Scotland’s stained glass. From abstract designs to biblical scenes, stained glass is a compelling and diverse medium, and we hope to promote this aspect of Glasgow’s social and architectural history.
Drinks and nibbles will be available.
Please RSVP before the 8th of December.
To Book: email@example.com or call 0141 552 1331.
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School