Glasgow’s Stained Glass: Colour & Light Exhibition Launch, Glasgow City Heritage Trust, 12th December 2014, 4pm
Glasgow’s Stained Glass: Colour & Light
Exhibition Launch, Glasgow City Heritage Trust
12th December 2014, 4pm
54 Bell Street, Merchant City
Stained Glass Project Officer: Rachael Purse MA (Hons), MSc
In September an ambitious three month project began to create an online database of Glasgow’s stained glass in conjunction with the Scottish Stained Glass Trust and RCAHMS. To celebrate the culmination of this project, Rachael has curated a mixed-medium exhibition which seeks to reveal some of the windows recorded on the SCRAN database. This project is hoped to be the beginning of a much greater task, cataloguing all of Scotland’s stained glass. From abstract designs to biblical scenes, stained glass is a compelling and diverse medium, and we hope to promote this aspect of Glasgow’s social and architectural history.
Drinks and nibbles will be available.
Please RSVP before the 8th of December.
To Book: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 552 1331.
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- Mackintosh Still Life Drawing
- Patrick McAlindon at The Glasgow Guild
- Rhona Mühlebach Loch Long Solo Exhibition GFT
- Thistle Gallery: Vibrant Show Celebrates The Coming of Spring
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2019
- Starchild Art for Africa with McTears Auctioneers and The Hidden Lane Gallery
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection Project Ability
- Rites of Spring, Thistle Gallery
- Spring Chinese Craft Fair, M Gallery Glasgow
- Lynn Howarth Featured Artist at The Glasgow Gallery
- The German Revolution: Expressionist Prints Lunchtime Talks Programme
- Hand Drawn Action Packed The Hunterian
- ‘I Say Nothing’ Kelvingrove – introduction by Christine Borland
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection ProjectAbility
- Glasgow School of Art MFA MFA WIP Screening 2, CCA
- Passing Moments Caught in Time…. Thistle Gallery
- The German Revolution at the Hunterian Art Gallery
- Nelson Mandela The Centenary Exhibition The Lighthouse
- Katherine MacBride – Having Been Breathed Out / Patriarchy Over and Out