No experience of working with film is necessary. However, an interest in films is essential. In return for your regular commitment you’ll build up lots of different skills which will provide an excellent addition to your CV!
Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2017 – call for programmers
Call for GYFF Young Programmers
Glasgow Youth Film Festival (GYFF) will take place 22 – 24 September 2017. GYFF is one of the most innovative and creative youth film festivals in Europe, and GLASGOW FILM FESTIVAL are looking for young people to help programme it!
Could you be one of GYFF Young Programmers for 2017?
For the last 8 years GYFF has been programmed by young people for young people. GYFF is famous for presenting an outstanding range of international films and industry workshops for young people across Glasgow. Each year the Young Programmers are responsible for selecting the films, events and speakers for the Glasgow Youth Film Festival (GYFF).
Please note: Young Programmers do not make films.
To be part of the Young Programmers, you need to be:
- aged between 15-19
- currently attending a Glasgow City Council Secondary School OR be unemployed.
Dates that Young Programmers must be available:
Tuesday 25/07/17 – Thursday 03/08/17 (inclusive)
The Summer Meet-Up is a training programme that teaches you all about Film Event Management and how to curate and promote Glasgow Youth Film Festival. During the sessions we’ll be watching and discussing films, finding out all about how to cater for a range of audiences and how to create a festival of screenings and film industry events with speakers.
Weekly Planning Meetings
Mondays from 21 August – 18 September
During the weekly meetings we’ll be finalizing plans and making sure everything is in place for the festival, we’ll be working on our marketing and promotion to make sure that every screening and event is a sell-out.
Glasgow Youth Film Festival
22 – 24 September
During the festival you’ll be attending and hosting events, introducing films, taking part in post-screening Question & Answer sessions and ensuring that everyone has an amazing time at your festival.
- Queer Classics Film Festival, CCA, 25– 26 May, 2018
- RFN Secret Cinema Sunday, CCA, Glasgow
- Weird Weekend Matchbox Cineclub CCA
- RFN68 Salute, CCA Glasgow
- Radical Film Network Scotland RFN68, CCA
- Concrete Soldiers Scottish Premiere of Documentary, Kinning Park Complex, Glasgow
- A Cambodian Spring, Glasgow Film Theatre
- NT Live: Macbeth,Glasgow Film Theatre
- A Quiet Place, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Mansfield 66/67, Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Wound, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Jeune Femme, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Filmworker, Glasgow Film Worker
- Southside Film Festival 2018
- Grave of the Fireflies, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Edinburgh Film Festival 2018
- The Grosvenor Cinema, Ashton Lane, Glasgow G12
- The Craft – screening Burnt Church Film Club
- Redoubtable, GFT
- SMHAF International Shorts, CCA, 11– 13 May, 2018