No experience of working with film is necessary. However, an interest in films is essential. In return for your regular commitment you’ll build up lots of different skills which will provide an excellent addition to your CV!
Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2017 – call for programmers
Call for GYFF Young Programmers
Glasgow Youth Film Festival (GYFF) will take place 22 – 24 September 2017. GYFF is one of the most innovative and creative youth film festivals in Europe, and GLASGOW FILM FESTIVAL are looking for young people to help programme it!
Could you be one of GYFF Young Programmers for 2017?
For the last 8 years GYFF has been programmed by young people for young people. GYFF is famous for presenting an outstanding range of international films and industry workshops for young people across Glasgow. Each year the Young Programmers are responsible for selecting the films, events and speakers for the Glasgow Youth Film Festival (GYFF).
Please note: Young Programmers do not make films.
To be part of the Young Programmers, you need to be:
- aged between 15-19
- currently attending a Glasgow City Council Secondary School OR be unemployed.
Dates that Young Programmers must be available:
Tuesday 25/07/17 – Thursday 03/08/17 (inclusive)
The Summer Meet-Up is a training programme that teaches you all about Film Event Management and how to curate and promote Glasgow Youth Film Festival. During the sessions we’ll be watching and discussing films, finding out all about how to cater for a range of audiences and how to create a festival of screenings and film industry events with speakers.
Weekly Planning Meetings
Mondays from 21 August – 18 September
During the weekly meetings we’ll be finalizing plans and making sure everything is in place for the festival, we’ll be working on our marketing and promotion to make sure that every screening and event is a sell-out.
Glasgow Youth Film Festival
22 – 24 September
During the festival you’ll be attending and hosting events, introducing films, taking part in post-screening Question & Answer sessions and ensuring that everyone has an amazing time at your festival.
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Queen Margaret Drive Festival, West End Festival 2019
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT