Glasgow Women’s Library Spring Programme 2018
Glasgow Women’s Library present their new programme of events – celebrating great woman both locally and globally. It will mark a wide range of events including the centenary of women’s right to vote plus 100 Years of Muriel Spark. To find out all about what’s happening pick up a programme at the library or download a pdf programme
The programme is available in large print and audio formats. See full details on the website.
If you have any thoughts or suggestions on these formats, or on accessibility in general, please get in touch.
Caroline Phillips: Scottish Suffragette and Journalist
Saturday 10th March, 2018 1pm to 3.30pm, 16+,
Women only Caroline Phillips was the leader of the Aberdeen suffragettes from 1907-09 and her correspondence with WSPU leaders offers a unique insight into the suffrage campaign. By exploring her letters we’ll learn about her involvement in militant action in Scotland, and how her career as a woman journalist helped and hindered her adherence to ‘the Cause’. Facilitated by Professor Sarah Pedersen of Robert Gordon University, attendees will receive a copy of the recently published edition of Caroline’s correspondence.
Joining Glasgow Women’s Library and Booking Information
Joining the library is really easy to do and is completely FREE!
Complete a form at GWL or go to the GWL website and join online.
How do I book an event?
Do I need to pay? Most GWL events are free. Where events do have a booking fee there two rates: Full Price (people who feel that they can afford to attend events and want to support GWL), and Subsidised (usually free) for students, the unemployed, people on benefits or low income.
Glasgow Women’s Library
23 Landressy Street, Glasgow, G40 1BP
T: 0141 550 2267
- Nathan Bell and Lynnie Carson, Glasgow Americana
- Teenage Scream live Podcast Glasgow Libraries
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Dandiya Nights, Milngavie Town Hall October 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival, School of Rock, Blythswood Hall.
- The Mask of Zorro, Blythswood Hall, Glasgow
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- SUPER Market Glasgow 2018
- Pollok House, Glasgow Doors Open Days, Craft Fair
- Wild Harvest, Native Trees and Fruit, Locavore Guided Walk and Discussion
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- Pollokshaws Community Carnival 2018
- Scotland’s Food and Drink Fortnight 2018
- Six and a Tanner, OranMor
- Young People invited to Meet Mhairi Black M.P., Clydebank
- Medical Aid for Palestinians, Evening at Sloans Glasgow
- Late Night: Superbad, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- Jim Byrne, The Basement Jam, Tennent’s Bar, Glasgow