Glasgow Women’s Library Spring Programme 2018
Glasgow Women’s Library present their new programme of events – celebrating great woman both locally and globally. It will mark a wide range of events including the centenary of women’s right to vote plus 100 Years of Muriel Spark. To find out all about what’s happening pick up a programme at the library or download a pdf programme
The programme is available in large print and audio formats. See full details on the website.
If you have any thoughts or suggestions on these formats, or on accessibility in general, please get in touch.
Caroline Phillips: Scottish Suffragette and Journalist
Saturday 10th March, 2018 1pm to 3.30pm, 16+,
Women only Caroline Phillips was the leader of the Aberdeen suffragettes from 1907-09 and her correspondence with WSPU leaders offers a unique insight into the suffrage campaign. By exploring her letters we’ll learn about her involvement in militant action in Scotland, and how her career as a woman journalist helped and hindered her adherence to ‘the Cause’. Facilitated by Professor Sarah Pedersen of Robert Gordon University, attendees will receive a copy of the recently published edition of Caroline’s correspondence.
Joining Glasgow Women’s Library and Booking Information
Joining the library is really easy to do and is completely FREE!
Complete a form at GWL or go to the GWL website and join online.
How do I book an event?
Do I need to pay? Most GWL events are free. Where events do have a booking fee there two rates: Full Price (people who feel that they can afford to attend events and want to support GWL), and Subsidised (usually free) for students, the unemployed, people on benefits or low income.
Glasgow Women’s Library
23 Landressy Street, Glasgow, G40 1BP
T: 0141 550 2267
- The Stand Comedy Club Christmas Specials 2018
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Innes Watson’s Guitar Colloquium, The Blue Arrow
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Fright Night and A Girl Walk Home Alone at Night, Burnt Church Film Club
- Die Hard GFT
- SQIFF18 A Girl at My Door CCA
- Pity Party Film Club, Cry Baby CCA
- Elf and Trading Places Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced
- SUSTAIN £200 bursary available for Community Cinema Projects
- Home Alone GFT
- The Wild Pear Tree
- Mug GFT
- The Old Man and The Gun GFT
- Sorry To Bother You GFT