Glasgow Women’s Library Spring Programme 2018
Glasgow Women’s Library present their new programme of events – celebrating great woman both locally and globally. It will mark a wide range of events including the centenary of women’s right to vote plus 100 Years of Muriel Spark. To find out all about what’s happening pick up a programme at the library or download a pdf programme
The programme is available in large print and audio formats. See full details on the website.
If you have any thoughts or suggestions on these formats, or on accessibility in general, please get in touch.
Caroline Phillips: Scottish Suffragette and Journalist
Saturday 10th March, 2018 1pm to 3.30pm, 16+,
Women only Caroline Phillips was the leader of the Aberdeen suffragettes from 1907-09 and her correspondence with WSPU leaders offers a unique insight into the suffrage campaign. By exploring her letters we’ll learn about her involvement in militant action in Scotland, and how her career as a woman journalist helped and hindered her adherence to ‘the Cause’. Facilitated by Professor Sarah Pedersen of Robert Gordon University, attendees will receive a copy of the recently published edition of Caroline’s correspondence.
Joining Glasgow Women’s Library and Booking Information
Joining the library is really easy to do and is completely FREE!
Complete a form at GWL or go to the GWL website and join online.
How do I book an event?
Do I need to pay? Most GWL events are free. Where events do have a booking fee there two rates: Full Price (people who feel that they can afford to attend events and want to support GWL), and Subsidised (usually free) for students, the unemployed, people on benefits or low income.
Glasgow Women’s Library
23 Landressy Street, Glasgow, G40 1BP
T: 0141 550 2267
- Pride Glasgow 2018
- Glasgow Mela 2018
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- The Big Sunday, West End Festival
- Take One Action Film Festival Not Without Us, CCA
- West End Festival – What a Start
- Light up Gaza, Glasgow
- Light Up Gaza, Fundraiser, Glasgow
- Craft Cafe Summer Ball at Pearce Institute
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- Museum of the Moon, West End Festival 2018
- Lazy Saturday Afternoon, Friends of the River Kelvin at West End Festival
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- LusoFilm The Invisible Life, CCA
- West End Festival 2018 Songwriting Workshop with Chiara Berardelli
- It’s all kicking off at the West End Festival 2018
- The National Theatre of Scotland presents: The Reason I Jump, West End Festival 2018
- All Dayer OranMor, West End Festival 2018
- Luca Manning, The Blue Arrow
- West End Festival Summer Programme 2018