Glasgow Women’s Library, Launch Commonwealth Women Writers Book Section
Commonwealth Women Writers!
Thursday 27 November
Glasgow Women’s Library
A literary party to celebrate the launch of Glasgow Women’s Library’s newly-created section of books by Commonwealth Women Writers! As well as an amazing array of titles for borrowing from the shelves, enjoy short readings from authors and poets with roots in India, South Africa, Malaysia and Jamaica. With music from Kenyan-born singer-songwriter, Genesee. From 1 – 3pm, Thursday 27th November.
With Debjani Chatterjee, Bashabi Fraser, Zoe Wicomb, Leela Soma, Velma McClymont and Chiew-Siah Tei.
Commonwealth-themed snacks too! FREE.
Landressy St, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G40 1BP
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch
- The Big Chair – Autumn Voices – Robin Lloyd-Jones
- An Evening with Charles McGarry, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street
- Public Lecture of the Publishing Scotland’s International Fellows Glasgow – review by Mary Irvine