Glasgow West End, Christmas Market and Christmas Tree Switch On
West End Set To Sparkle with Christmas Market and Light Switch On
Sunday, November 26, 2017 – 12 noon until 7 p.m.
Once again, Vinicombe Street will be transformed into a winter wonderland with live musical performances from local bands and rock choirs. Bella, Beatson Cancer Charity mascot will switch on the Christmas Tree lights at 6.30 pm.
Christmas in the Lanes
This year you’ll also discover something magical in the surrounding Lanes. Little ones can post their letters to Santa in the North Pole at the red post box in Ruthven Lane and be entertained by a balloon modeller in Cresswell Lane.
The Festive Market – Vinicombe Street, Top of Byres Road, G12
The celebrations begin at 12 noon with a fantastic Christmas market with local traders gifts, crafts, food & drink.
Find Christmas cards and gifts Christmas cards or enjoy a spot of food or drink from local businesses. From beautiful jewellery to local and artisan foodie gifts and products, you’ll find something for everyone at the festive market and surrounding shops. The area will be bustling until late with stores offering festive offers and treats.
Watch out for Beatson festive baubles and cards available to buy from the Christmas market at the light switch on from volunteers. Money raised will go towards ensuring Beatson Cancer Charity continue to provide the best services for their patients and families in Glasgow.
Entertainment on the main stage is from 2.30 pm with choirs, covers and bags of festive cheer!! Family fun will carry on all day in Cresswell, Ruthven & Ashton lanes.
And don’t forget to check out some of the fabulous independent shops in Glasgow West End.
This section: Christmas in Glasgow, Christmas Shopping in Glasgow
- Martha’s Festive Pop Up on Byres Road
- Singles Christmas Night at Sleazy’s – 45 rpm party night
- Christmas Caroling
- Gavin Sutherland ‘ Swinging Christmas’ at Glasgow City Halls
- The Stand Comedy Club Christmas Specials 2018
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Mother India A La Carte Christmas Menu
- Eusebi Hampers and Pre-prepared Festive Food
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor
- Elf and Trading Places Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- Jingle All The Way, GFT
- Christmas Menus and Exclusive Festive Bookings at Cottiers
- Cafe Gandolfi, Festive Art Exhibition
- The Store Interiors, Anniesland, Glasgow
- OranMor Party Nights 2018
- Kids Christmas Party Cottiers
- Eusebi Festive Dining 2018
- Mother India Festive Menu 2018