Glasgow West End, Christmas Market and Christmas Tree Switch On
West End Set To Sparkle with Christmas Market and Light Switch On
Sunday, November 26, 2017 – 12 noon until 7 p.m.
Once again, Vinicombe Street will be transformed into a winter wonderland with live musical performances from local bands and rock choirs. Bella, Beatson Cancer Charity mascot will switch on the Christmas Tree lights at 6.30 pm.
Christmas in the Lanes
This year you’ll also discover something magical in the surrounding Lanes. Little ones can post their letters to Santa in the North Pole at the red post box in Ruthven Lane and be entertained by a balloon modeller in Cresswell Lane.
The Festive Market – Vinicombe Street, Top of Byres Road, G12
The celebrations begin at 12 noon with a fantastic Christmas market with local traders gifts, crafts, food & drink.
Find Christmas cards and gifts Christmas cards or enjoy a spot of food or drink from local businesses. From beautiful jewellery to local and artisan foodie gifts and products, you’ll find something for everyone at the festive market and surrounding shops. The area will be bustling until late with stores offering festive offers and treats.
Watch out for Beatson festive baubles and cards available to buy from the Christmas market at the light switch on from volunteers. Money raised will go towards ensuring Beatson Cancer Charity continue to provide the best services for their patients and families in Glasgow.
Entertainment on the main stage is from 2.30 pm with choirs, covers and bags of festive cheer!! Family fun will carry on all day in Cresswell, Ruthven & Ashton lanes.
And don’t forget to check out some of the fabulous independent shops in Glasgow West End.
This section: Christmas in Glasgow, Christmas Shopping in Glasgow
- Spirito, Interiors, Cards, Gifts, Crow Road, Broomhill, Glasgow
- Ashton Lane Hogmanay Street Party 2017
- A Relaxed Performance of The Sleeping Beauty, Kings Theatre, Glasgow
- Book Fair at the Botanics 28 and 29 December, 2017
- The Muppet Christmas Carol Screening and Toy Collection for Shelter Scotland, OranMor
- Christmas at GFT, 3 – 23 December, 2017
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Christmas Markets Glasgow City Centre – 9 November – 22 December, 2017
- The Glasgow Guild Christmas Department Store
- Called You Last Night From Glasgow, Club Night, Broadcast
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Glasgow Christmas Markets, Fairs and Shopping Events
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Avant Garde, Friday 22 December, 2017
- The Hidden Lane Late Night Shopping for Christmas
- Santa’s Magical Grotto at Lomond Shores until 24 December, 2017
- Mother India Christmas Menu
- Mistletoe and Mystery Evening , Partick Burgh Hall
- Merchant Square Christmas Craft Fair
- Christmas Drive In Movies, The Riverside Museum
- Milngavie Makers Market at Christmas