Glasgow West End, Christmas Market and Christmas Tree Switch On
West End Set To Sparkle with Christmas Market and Light Switch On
Sunday, November 26, 2017 – 12 noon until 7 p.m.
Once again, Vinicombe Street will be transformed into a winter wonderland with live musical performances from local bands and rock choirs. Bella, Beatson Cancer Charity mascot will switch on the Christmas Tree lights at 6.30 pm.
Christmas in the Lanes
This year you’ll also discover something magical in the surrounding Lanes. Little ones can post their letters to Santa in the North Pole at the red post box in Ruthven Lane and be entertained by a balloon modeller in Cresswell Lane.
The Festive Market – Vinicombe Street, Top of Byres Road, G12
The celebrations begin at 12 noon with a fantastic Christmas market with local traders gifts, crafts, food & drink.
Find Christmas cards and gifts Christmas cards or enjoy a spot of food or drink from local businesses. From beautiful jewellery to local and artisan foodie gifts and products, you’ll find something for everyone at the festive market and surrounding shops. The area will be bustling until late with stores offering festive offers and treats.
Watch out for Beatson festive baubles and cards available to buy from the Christmas market at the light switch on from volunteers. Money raised will go towards ensuring Beatson Cancer Charity continue to provide the best services for their patients and families in Glasgow.
Entertainment on the main stage is from 2.30 pm with choirs, covers and bags of festive cheer!! Family fun will carry on all day in Cresswell, Ruthven & Ashton lanes.
And don’t forget to check out some of the fabulous independent shops in Glasgow West End.
This section: Christmas in Glasgow, Christmas Shopping in Glasgow
- The Store Interiors, Anniesland, Glasgow
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Mary Poppins Returns – meet and greet Grosvenor Cafe plus screening
- Control Social Club at Broadcast
- Mother India Festive Menu 2018
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- White Christmas, GFT
- Glasgow Christmas Markets
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor
- Love Music Hate Racism, The Arlington
- Cafe Gandolfi, Festive Art Exhibition
- Mother India A La Carte Christmas Menu
- ‘Unwrapped’ Show at The Thistle Gallery 2018
- Elf and Trading Places Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Eusebi Festive Dining 2018
- Christmas Menus and Exclusive Festive Bookings at Cottiers
- Martha’s Festive Pop Up on Byres Road
- The Primevals, Winter Initiative Night Shelter Fundraiser, Mono
- Jingle All The Way, GFT
- Festive Family Shindig, Fundraiser Cure Claire’s Cancer