Glasgow Stands With Pulse Orlando Vigil in George Square Monday, 13 June, 2016 – 5.30 – 6.30 p.m.
Glasgow Stands With Pulse Orlando
Vigil in George Square
Monday, 13 June, 2016 – 5.30 – 6.30 p.m.
‘With the tragic news of the shooting at the gay club Pulse in Orlando, we’re holding a vigil in George Square tomorrow evening to show our support for LGBTQ people worldwide, and to provide a space for us to mourn with our community.
This attack is a reflection of the violence LGBTQ people face daily, not just in the US but across the world, and this violence feels personal for many of us. This was a hate crime against our community, and an extension of the messages that we hear daily that we should not be visible, we should not be out, we should not exist.
There has already been attempts to blame Islam for this violence, and it’s especially important that we come together to condemn this racist scapegoating, and stand with our Muslim LGBTQ siblings. There’s been an increase in anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and legislation from the GOP, and its there we should be looking for the root causes of the problem, which are the deep-seated homophobia and transphobia in our societies.
The inclusive support of our whole community, and of the wider Glasgow community, is vital as we mourn the loss of so many lives, and continue to fight the bigotry that allows such attacks to happen in the first place.’
George Square, Glasgow G1
One response to “Glasgow Stands With Pulse Orlando Vigil in George Square Monday, 13 June, 2016 – 5.30 – 6.30 p.m.”
- The 5th Annual Champipunship, OranMor
- Indepen-dance Summer Shindig 2018
- Glasgow Jazz Festival 2018
- Pride Glasgow 2018
- Glasgow Mela 2018
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- The Big Sunday, West End Festival
- Take One Action Film Festival Not Without Us, CCA
- West End Festival – What a Start
- Light up Gaza, Glasgow
- Light Up Gaza, Fundraiser, Glasgow
- Craft Cafe Summer Ball at Pearce Institute
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- Museum of the Moon, West End Festival 2018
- Lazy Saturday Afternoon, Friends of the River Kelvin at West End Festival
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- LusoFilm The Invisible Life, CCA
- West End Festival 2018 Songwriting Workshop with Chiara Berardelli
- It’s all kicking off at the West End Festival 2018
- The National Theatre of Scotland presents: The Reason I Jump, West End Festival 2018