Glasgow Songwriting Festival
GOVANHILL BATHS, 99 Calder St, Glasgow, G41 7RA
Findlay Napier, Jo Mango, Dave ‘Solareye’ Hook and Donna Maciocia are the tutors who will guide you through four fun and practical workshops, sharing their own songwriting tips and techniques.
Glasgow songwriting festival is a friendly and collaborative learning environment. We cater to all levels from “I’ve never written a song before” to “I’ve got albums out but I’m looking for inspiration or people to collaborate with” and everything in between.
The teaching will focus on songwriting ‘tools’, useful skills that you can take home to improve or supplement your songwriting. Class sizes are restricted to eight participants. The classes of eight will rotate around the four tutors so everyone participating in the festival gets to work with every tutor.
Your fee includes a free ticket to the opening concert on Friday 18th August. There will be a limited number of tickets available to non-participants so get in quick as this event always sells out.
This section: Classes and Workshops, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Young at Heart Dance for Over 50s
- Cuba Libre, Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Celtic Music Radio House Concert Fundraiser for Tom Fairnie
- Lids Open Day, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Websters Big Summer Event
- 4th of July Maker’s Mark Hoedown at Websters
- Record Fair at Nice n Sleazy
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library
- Her Crooked Heart The Doublet
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019