Glasgow Mela 2018
Sunday 24 June, 2018 12 oo p.m. – 8 p.m.
Kelvingrove Park,Kelvin Way, Glasgow G12
Scotland’s biggest free multicultural festival – bursts with live music, theatre performances, exotic and mouth-watering foods from around the globe and fun for all ages. Back on Sunday 24 June at Kelvingrove Park!
Full line-up, led by bhangra superstar Miss Pooja, has been announced. See what’s on, and plan your visit, at glasgowmela.com.
This year’s line-up
Over three stages, artists from across the UK and the globe will be bringing a taste of world music to leafy Kelvingrove Park. Bhangra superstar Miss Pooja will headline a wildly eclectic and colourful line-up including dhol drumming, steel band, Roma folk, sufi, plenty of irresistible bhangra beats and so much more.
A Taste of World Music
Throughout the day festivalgoers can enjoy a host of acts, including Black Star Steel Band, Mela veterans G Town Desi, and the ever-popular Raj Brass Band. Local Roma group E Karika Djal contribute their irresistable folk-infused set, and we’ll be presenting some wonderful Sufi music courtesy of international acts Dilraj Singh Group, and Chand Ali Khan. We welcome the return of Syrian instrumentalist Maya Youssef, whose captivating sound comes from her innovative playing of the qanun – a traditional Middle Eastern instrument.
Premiering the results of a Gaelic-Indian collaboration, featuring violinists Alan Henderson and Sunita Bhuyan,singers Kathleen MacInnes and Minakshi Majumdar, and young people from both backgrounds.
Food and Drink
Caterers who will be at Glasgow Mela, selling mouth-watering food from around the world: Curries, jalebi, pakora, pizza, seafood, kulfi, falooda and so much more, with vegan and vegetarian options available too.
Go to Stalls & Catering for full details
Part of West End Festival
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Queen Margaret Drive Festival, West End Festival 2019
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT