Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Jim Ferguson plus Open Mic
Tuesday, 26 March, 2019
Cheeky Besom Productions March event at the NEW Glasgow Literary Lounge will showcase the work of Jim Ferguson: Ferguson is a writer and performance poet who has been actively practicing literary art since 1986. This site provides free access to some of Ferguson’s poetry, bibliographic and contact information, fiction and essays. The author’s books, DVD and CD can also be purchased safely on-line through this site or those of his publishers.
The Calton Bar
415 London Road
Glasgow, G40 1AG
Calling all poets, warriors, misfits, dancers, writers, film makers, mystics, artists, troubadours, flaneurs, sole adventurers, and musicians. Join Cheeky Besom Productions in Glasgow’s East End for a NEW exciting Glasgow Literary Lounge in the Calton Bar for a night of literature, music and art. Bring us your poems, stories, art, films, myths, songs and legends to share in an open mic.
We are seeking submissions and it’s open to your interpretation. Whatever sparks your imagination, anything goes! Each artist will be given a 5-7 minute slot to be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Slot times will be shared on the night. To secure a slot Contact Ruby McCann: email@example.com
Cheeky Besom Productions: ‘Artists with Attitude’: (Jim Ferguson, Louise Malone, Ruby McCann, Brian McFall) A Glasgow based artist collective. We devise concepts, split all running costs, and collaborate to create: sharing knowledge, making and creating, for the love of art.
Jim Ferguson our Host is a poet, pamphleteer, novelist, and critic based in Glasgow. He is a Creative Writing Tutor at Glasgow Kelvin College. For more information on Jim Ferguson: http://www.jimfergusonpoet.co.uk/
This is a FREE Event for All
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Dear Dinosaur: T Rex on Tour
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Get Your Scots Wirds Oot and Caa Awa!
- Dan Richards Booked! Festival 2019 review Mary Irvine
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- Mary Irvine review: Polly Clarke – the tiger lady! Booked! Festival
- Taking Tea with a Trailblazer, NLS Kelvin Hall
- Samina Chaudry at Avant Garde
- Kerry Hudson’s Lowborn Tour, The Mitchell review Pat Byrne
- Seeds of Thought – Creative Writing
- Richard Holloway ‘Waiting for the Last Bus’ review Mary Irvine
- Look Who’s Talking Now with Des Dillon
- Helen Fitzgerald and Doug Johnstone at Waterstones Sauchiehall St
- Book Launch: ‘this exquisite corpse’ Tawnya Renelle
- Dialogue: Niven Govinden and Season Butler
- Robin Lloyd-Jones ‘A life in books’ Helensburgh Library
- Aye Write presents Paul Mason