Glasgow International: Jordan Wolfson Date: 04 Apr – 21 April, 2014, McLellan Galleries
Date: 04 Apr – 21 Apr
Jordan Wolfson creates sculptural videos that use high-quality production methods, often working with animators with experience in commercial film, music videos and advertising. Whilst his work navigates universal themes; life, death and love, Wolfson’s authorial voice speaks of the artist’s place within this constructed world – as a conduit for received images, actions and language. The protagonists in these intuitively constructed pieces are hand-drawn or computer generated animations that glide over a surface of stock and shot imagery. Wolfson’s videos are often formed of paradox. He delivers absurd and contradictory narratives, characters and motifs; a punk with a cheeky demeanor, a cartoon angry kid, an orthodox Jew reading a Vogue and performing a lovers’ exchange.
Glasgow International will present a mini-survey of Wolfson’s work, showing videos from over the last decade, installed throughout the lower level of the McLellan Galleries.
Commissioned by Glasgow International.
Supported by Homecoming Scotland and Culture 2014.
This section: Art - what's on, Glasgow International Festival April 2014
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School