Glasgow International: Jordan Wolfson Date: 04 Apr – 21 April, 2014, McLellan Galleries
Date: 04 Apr – 21 Apr
Jordan Wolfson creates sculptural videos that use high-quality production methods, often working with animators with experience in commercial film, music videos and advertising. Whilst his work navigates universal themes; life, death and love, Wolfson’s authorial voice speaks of the artist’s place within this constructed world – as a conduit for received images, actions and language. The protagonists in these intuitively constructed pieces are hand-drawn or computer generated animations that glide over a surface of stock and shot imagery. Wolfson’s videos are often formed of paradox. He delivers absurd and contradictory narratives, characters and motifs; a punk with a cheeky demeanor, a cartoon angry kid, an orthodox Jew reading a Vogue and performing a lovers’ exchange.
Glasgow International will present a mini-survey of Wolfson’s work, showing videos from over the last decade, installed throughout the lower level of the McLellan Galleries.
Commissioned by Glasgow International.
Supported by Homecoming Scotland and Culture 2014.
This section: Art - what's on, Glasgow International Festival April 2014
- William Hunter Tercentenary Exhibition The Hunterian
- Denise Noone Bathing Bells at Govanhill Baths review by Pat Byrne
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Brushes With War, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Bathing Bells Exhibition, Govanhill Baths
- Young Talent Exhibition, ProjectAbility Glasgow
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- Museums at Night, Glasgow, October, 2018
- Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow Exhibition, The Mitchell
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Cryptic Sonica in Glasgow 2018 – Portal, Pivot and Visaurihelix
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- HYPERMARKET – ART CAR BOOT, SWG3 2018
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Summer Show 2018, Ardarden Farm Shop