Glasgow Goes Green
11th of February, 2019 1 p.m. – 11 p.m.
The Art School,
20 Scott Street, Glasgow City Centre G3 6PE
Go Green Week, a UK initiative which promotes climate action across the nation, comes back to Glasgow for a week in February. The student-lead Glasgow University Environmental Sustainability Team (GUEST), along with environmental sustainability officers from Glasgow School of Art, University of Strathclyde and Glasgow Caledonian University have prepared a week of events with a focus towards environmentalism, sustainability and climate action, including the highlight of the week: Glasgow Goes Green Festival 2019.
Glasgow Goes Green Festival, an event which attracted over 500 attendees last year, returns to The Art School on the 11th of February, with workshops, stalls, talks, film screenings and musical performances running between 1-11pm.
The theme of the festival is ‘Reduce & Reuse’, highlighting the impact of our unsustainable consumer behaviour as well as our continuing struggle with addressing climate change. How can we consume better? What can we do to reduce our carbon footprint? What are the links between the individual and the community? How do politics relate to global warming? Visitors will explore the full-scope of ‘Reduce & Reuse’ in a welcoming, safe and family-friendly atmosphere.
- Woman at War
- Woman at War GFT
- Graham Fulton – Glitches of Mortality Book Launch
- Express Yourself, Tell it Slant
- Choral Concert St Marys Episcopal Cathedral
- The Marbles and Friends Live
- Wild Rose Review Pat Byrne
- School for Civic Imagination CCA
- Aye Write presents Paul Mason
- Easter 2019 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wild Rose, GFT
- Ordet GFT
- 3 Faces GFT
- The Gospel According to St Matthew GFT
- A Deal With The Universe, GFT
- Loro GFT
- Eighth Grade GFT
- Glasgow Film Festival on Tour
- The Fight GFT
- Thistle Gallery: Vibrant Show Celebrates The Coming of Spring