Glasgow Goes Green
11th of February, 2019 1 p.m. – 11 p.m.
The Art School,
20 Scott Street, Glasgow City Centre G3 6PE
Go Green Week, a UK initiative which promotes climate action across the nation, comes back to Glasgow for a week in February. The student-lead Glasgow University Environmental Sustainability Team (GUEST), along with environmental sustainability officers from Glasgow School of Art, University of Strathclyde and Glasgow Caledonian University have prepared a week of events with a focus towards environmentalism, sustainability and climate action, including the highlight of the week: Glasgow Goes Green Festival 2019.
Glasgow Goes Green Festival, an event which attracted over 500 attendees last year, returns to The Art School on the 11th of February, with workshops, stalls, talks, film screenings and musical performances running between 1-11pm.
The theme of the festival is ‘Reduce & Reuse’, highlighting the impact of our unsustainable consumer behaviour as well as our continuing struggle with addressing climate change. How can we consume better? What can we do to reduce our carbon footprint? What are the links between the individual and the community? How do politics relate to global warming? Visitors will explore the full-scope of ‘Reduce & Reuse’ in a welcoming, safe and family-friendly atmosphere.
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- Thirty Years of Glasgow Doors Open Day
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Leto GFT
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood GFT
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Inside Man GFT
- Gaza GFT
- Preview: For Sama GFT plus Q & A