Glasgow Goes Green
11th of February, 2019 1 p.m. – 11 p.m.
The Art School,
20 Scott Street, Glasgow City Centre G3 6PE
Go Green Week, a UK initiative which promotes climate action across the nation, comes back to Glasgow for a week in February. The student-lead Glasgow University Environmental Sustainability Team (GUEST), along with environmental sustainability officers from Glasgow School of Art, University of Strathclyde and Glasgow Caledonian University have prepared a week of events with a focus towards environmentalism, sustainability and climate action, including the highlight of the week: Glasgow Goes Green Festival 2019.
Glasgow Goes Green Festival, an event which attracted over 500 attendees last year, returns to The Art School on the 11th of February, with workshops, stalls, talks, film screenings and musical performances running between 1-11pm.
The theme of the festival is ‘Reduce & Reuse’, highlighting the impact of our unsustainable consumer behaviour as well as our continuing struggle with addressing climate change. How can we consume better? What can we do to reduce our carbon footprint? What are the links between the individual and the community? How do politics relate to global warming? Visitors will explore the full-scope of ‘Reduce & Reuse’ in a welcoming, safe and family-friendly atmosphere.
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Queen Margaret Drive Festival, West End Festival 2019
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT