Glasgow Gigs: Clannad and Mary Black, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall 13th March
Clannad and Mary Black
Thu 13 March, 7:30pm
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Two of Ireland’s musical icons share the stage in a special tour. Performing both separate sets and together, this unique concert is one not to be missed. Clannad, the Irish family group responsible for such timeless music as ‘Theme From Harry’s Game’, ‘In A Lifetime’ and ‘I Will Find You’, recently celebrated their 40th anniversary. Their music entwines the traditional and the modern, past and future with stunningly beautiful results. With their haunting songs, mesmerizing vocals and captivating sound the group has sold over fifteen million records worldwide.
For over a quarter-century, singer Mary Black has been a dominant presence in Irish music. Mary has released 11 studio albums all of which achieved platinum sales status and spawned countless hits. She is a real Irish treasure and her talent a gift from this small island to a grateful world.
Online: www.glasgowconcerthalls.com (24 hours)
By phone: 0141 353 8000 (Mon – Fri 9am – 6pm, Sat 10am – 6pm)
In person: Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, 2 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, G2 3NY
(Mon – Sat 10am – 6pm)
City Halls and Old Fruitmarket, Candleriggs, Glasgow, G1 1NQ
(Mon – Sat 12noon – 6pm)
Tickets for all performances can be booked at both box office locations.
Sunday opening hours may vary, please contact the box office to confirm.
The box office counter and phone-lines will remain open later on concert evenings.
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Glasgow Roma Traveller Celebration CCA
- Da Capo Alba guitar and mandolin orchestra Cottiers
- Nekkuro Hana, Kundalini Genie + Pelican Tusk, The Hug and Pint
- Album Launch: The Kundalini Genie ‘It’s All In Your Head’
- Rab Noakes, Websters 2
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Electric Frog and Pressure Riverside Festival
- Electric Honey Records Showcase – OranMor
- Carnival of the Dark Arts
- Sid Griffin and Peter Case Doublet Bar
- Bone Idle Bros, Starry Skies and Slipper Elm The Britannica Panopticon
- West End Festival: The Luthiers’ Concert Websters Theatre
- André Krengel & Roland Krause, Websters Theatre
- West End Festival: Songbird: Ellyn Oliver Sings Eva Cassidy
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham, Cottiers
- Hayes Carll plus Travis Linnvale, Cottiers