Glasgow Film Theatre: Contemporary Cinema Course 2016 at CCA September/October
Glasgow Film Theatre: Contemporary Cinema Course
Mon 19 September 2016
6.30pm, £65 (£55) for full course, Clubroom
Book online / 0141 352 4900
Related CCA Events
Mon 5 September 2016
Mon 3 October 2016
An ideal beginner’s course for those wishing to broaden their critical understanding of contemporary cinema. Current releases are complemented by engaging discussion around a range of topics.
The course takes place over eight consecutive Monday evenings, and is comprised of four film screenings and four seminars. Films will be in early evenings but exact times may vary and will include titles such as Wiener-Dog, Julieta and Captain Fantastic*.
Seminars will take place at 18.30 in the CCA Clubroom.
Led by Alistair Harkness, Film Critic and Feature Writer with The Scotsman, and regular contributor to BBC Radio Scotland’s The Janice Forsyth Show.
Price: £65/55 – tickets to films included.
Sign up via glasgowfilm.org or at the Glasgow Film Theatre Box Office.
*Films subject to change due to scheduling and release dates.
This is a level one course.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Hearts Beat Loud, GFT
- I would rather be a cyborg than a goddess, Govanhill Picture House
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival – 10th Anniversary
- The Murder of Mr Devil, GFT
- Le Crime de Monsieur Lange, GFT
- The Escape, GFT
- The Heiresses, GFT
- The Negotiator, GFT
- John Waters’ Polyester – Launch of Scalarama Programme 2018
- Death Watch, Botanic Gardens, Glasgow
- The Eyes of Orson Welles, GFT
- Cinemasters: Alfred Hitchcock Season at GFT 2018
- Pope Francis: Man of His Word, GFT
- Festival 2018, Berlin on Screen GFT
- Tracking Edith, GFT
- BlackKklansman Special Screening, GFT
- Back to the Future, Botanic Gardens, Glasgow
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Botanic Gardens, Glasgow
- Blade Runner, Back to the Botanics
- Mean Girls, Burnt Church Film Club + Daniel Franzese in person for Q & A