Glasgow Commonwealth Games: Host City Volunteering. Get involved.
A bit more info...
The volunteer programme is part of Host City Glasgow – a 3-year project led by Glasgow Life to help enhance the potential impact of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games on civic pride, volunteering legacy and communities in the host city. The £1.7million project has just been awarded £632,000 by the Big Lottery Fund, with other funding and support provided by Glasgow City Council and Glasgow Life. As the host city, Glasgow is looking to maximise opportunities for local people to feel connected with, and play an active part in, delivery of the Games. The project will offer exciting opportunities to do just that, while welcoming visitors, and showcasing the city.
The Host City Volunteer programme will target communities and groups that may have previously encountered barriers which prevented their involvement in volunteering. The volunteers, who will all live, work or study in the city, will receive training and support before, during and after the Games, with the hope that many will use the opportunity as a springboard to further enhance their own lives or those of their local communities. Anyone can apply to be a Host City Volunteer. We are waiting on your call. Don't miss out.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Joiners Corner
- The Muppet Christmas Carol Screening and Toy Collection for Shelter Scotland, OranMor
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Cottiers Black Friday Christmas Ceilidh
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Celebrate Solstice at North Kelvin Meadow
- The Rio Reunion Party, Glasgow
- Glasgow Christmas Markets, Fairs and Shopping Events
- Christmas Fair, Duntocher Village Hall
- Spangled Cabaret, Queen Margarets Union
- French Film Festival, GFT, Glasgow, November – December, 2017
- Theatre Royal Celebrates 150th Birthday
- Ten Writers Telling Lies, Book Week Scotland, Airdrie Library, 28 November, 2017
- UKJF: Menashe (special preview screening), CCA, Glasgow
- Santa Dash Glasgow, 10 December, 2017
- Glasgow Style Mile Carnival
- Being Human Fest Postcard poetry: Philip Hobsbaum’s inclusive writers’ groups 23 November, 2017
- Queen Margaret Drive, GCC Walking and Cycling Workshop and Consultation
- Scottish Youth Film Festival Awards Ceremony 2017 Kelvin Hall
- Argentine Film Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow, 30 October – 20 November, 2017
- CinemaAttic Focus on Cuba: Short Films from the EICTV Film School, CCA