Glasgow Canal Festival 2018
Saturday 25th August 2018, 10.30 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Canalside between Spiers Wharf and Applecross Basin, Port Dundas, Glasgow G4 9TB
The second annual Glasgow Canal Festival promises a diverse and exciting lineup of activities on Glasgow’s iconic Forth & Clyde Canal between Spiers Wharf and Applecross Basin. Whether strolling through the makers’ market, soaking up some live music in the sun, trying your hand at stand-up paddle boarding, getting crafty in an arts workshop or sampling the street food village, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
Key highlights of this year’s festival include the ever-popular Dragon Boat Racing, with competitors signing up from late July to battle it out to become the Festival Dragon Boat Champions.
Try out a canoe taster session or watch films in the Sustrans pedal-powered Cinema; take a wildlife tour of urban nature reserve Hamiltonhill Claypits and enjoy breathtaking views over the city of Glasgow; or watch world-class parkour, skateboard and BMX performers at the World Youth Urban Games – or even try these out yourself!
The event runs 10.30-17.00 on and will take place on the
- The Stand Comedy Club Christmas Specials 2018
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Innes Watson’s Guitar Colloquium, The Blue Arrow
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Fright Night and A Girl Walk Home Alone at Night, Burnt Church Film Club
- Die Hard GFT
- SQIFF18 A Girl at My Door CCA
- Pity Party Film Club, Cry Baby CCA
- Elf and Trading Places Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced
- SUSTAIN £200 bursary available for Community Cinema Projects
- Home Alone GFT
- The Wild Pear Tree
- Mug GFT
- The Old Man and The Gun GFT
- Sorry To Bother You GFT