Glasgow Canal Festival 2018
Saturday 25th August 2018, 10.30 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Canalside between Spiers Wharf and Applecross Basin, Port Dundas, Glasgow G4 9TB
The second annual Glasgow Canal Festival promises a diverse and exciting lineup of activities on Glasgow’s iconic Forth & Clyde Canal between Spiers Wharf and Applecross Basin. Whether strolling through the makers’ market, soaking up some live music in the sun, trying your hand at stand-up paddle boarding, getting crafty in an arts workshop or sampling the street food village, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
Key highlights of this year’s festival include the ever-popular Dragon Boat Racing, with competitors signing up from late July to battle it out to become the Festival Dragon Boat Champions.
Try out a canoe taster session or watch films in the Sustrans pedal-powered Cinema; take a wildlife tour of urban nature reserve Hamiltonhill Claypits and enjoy breathtaking views over the city of Glasgow; or watch world-class parkour, skateboard and BMX performers at the World Youth Urban Games – or even try these out yourself!
The event runs 10.30-17.00 on and will take place on the
- Dialogue: Niven Govinden and Season Butler
- Wild Festival and Gala, Children’s Wood
- The Bolshoi Ballet: Carmen Suite / Petrushka Live
- Arctic GFT
- Birds of Passage
- Slow Food Glasgow Food, Class and Transformation in Glasgow
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival Bailando Con Margot: An Encore Screening CCA
- Asbury Park: Riot, Redemption, Rock n Roll GFT
- Donbass GFT
- Submissions Glasgow Film Festival
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Robin Lloyd-Jones ‘A life in books’ Helensburgh Library
- Southside Film Festival 2019
- Wild Rose Review Pat Byrne
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- Liam Gallagher: As It Was plus Exclusive Live Satellite Performance
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT
- Aye Write presents Paul Mason
- Carnival of the Dark Arts
- Henry Bell, Booked Festival 2019