Glasgow Canal Festival 2018
Saturday 25th August 2018, 10.30 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Canalside between Spiers Wharf and Applecross Basin, Port Dundas, Glasgow G4 9TB
The second annual Glasgow Canal Festival promises a diverse and exciting lineup of activities on Glasgow’s iconic Forth & Clyde Canal between Spiers Wharf and Applecross Basin. Whether strolling through the makers’ market, soaking up some live music in the sun, trying your hand at stand-up paddle boarding, getting crafty in an arts workshop or sampling the street food village, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
Key highlights of this year’s festival include the ever-popular Dragon Boat Racing, with competitors signing up from late July to battle it out to become the Festival Dragon Boat Champions.
Try out a canoe taster session or watch films in the Sustrans pedal-powered Cinema; take a wildlife tour of urban nature reserve Hamiltonhill Claypits and enjoy breathtaking views over the city of Glasgow; or watch world-class parkour, skateboard and BMX performers at the World Youth Urban Games – or even try these out yourself!
The event runs 10.30-17.00 on and will take place on the
- Jim McAteer, Seven Song Club
- A Play, Pie and A Pint: King Keich, OranMor by Louise Welsh
- Luca Manning and Finn Bradley – The Music of Chet Baker
- Nice Thursday Market, Merchants House, Glasgow
- Disability Led Creative Movement CCA Oct/Dec 2018
- Women’s Voices in Culture and Politics in Cuba CCA
- Writers for Peace, Project Cafe
- Fiona Burns Mindfulness Course Hillhead Sports Club
- Shake Hands With The Devil, CCA
- Africa in Motion – I Still Hide To Smoke, GFT
- Calibre, GFT
- St Andrew’s Torch Light Parade Glasgow West End
- A Woman Captured GFT
- The Handmaiden – GFT
- Glasgow Havana Film Festival 2018, GFT
- Estonia Now at GFT
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- Standing on Their Shoulders, UK Premier, Africa in Motion Film Festival
- DUNOON FILM FESTIVAL 2018 ANNOUNCES FULL PROGRAMME
- John Carpenter: Master of Horror at Glasgow Film Theatre