Glasgow Art Classes: Intuitive Collaborative Painting “Conversations in Paint” 10th/11th May, 2014
with Liz Mitchell
10th/11th May 2014
10.00 till 4.30 each day
West George College, 20 Sandyford Street, G3 8QJ
Let your intuitive self speak to you (and others) through “Conversations in Paint” at this fun two-day weekend workshop.
Working intuitively on paper and stretched canvases using a variety of art techniques with acrylic paints and mixed media to help you expand and experiment with your own unique visual vocabulary (the marks you make) and self-expression.
Working collaboratively with a partner or group on the same paper or canvas offers the individual the opportunity to let go the pressure of achieving a singular, specific piece of artwork and to relax, enjoy learn and be inspired by sharing the creative process with others. So lets collaborate, play and paint together!
All equipment and materials are provided. (Including two 50cmx50cm stretched canvas to take away)
Tea and snacks are provided. Bring your own lunch.
No prior painting experience is necessary for this experiential process based workshop. Suitable for beginners, students (great for portfolio work) through to professional artists looking to break through a creative block using a different approach. All you need is an open mind.
Liz Mitchell is a professional artist who studied Painting and Printmaking at Glasgow School of Art and has a degree in Art Therapy.
Please contact Liz for more information and to book a place.
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- Mackintosh Still Life Drawing
- Patrick McAlindon at The Glasgow Guild
- Rhona Mühlebach Loch Long Solo Exhibition GFT
- Thistle Gallery: Vibrant Show Celebrates The Coming of Spring
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2019
- Starchild Art for Africa with McTears Auctioneers and The Hidden Lane Gallery
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection Project Ability
- Rites of Spring, Thistle Gallery
- Spring Chinese Craft Fair, M Gallery Glasgow
- Lynn Howarth Featured Artist at The Glasgow Gallery
- The German Revolution: Expressionist Prints Lunchtime Talks Programme
- Hand Drawn Action Packed The Hunterian
- ‘I Say Nothing’ Kelvingrove – introduction by Christine Borland
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection ProjectAbility
- Glasgow School of Art MFA MFA WIP Screening 2, CCA
- Passing Moments Caught in Time…. Thistle Gallery
- The German Revolution at the Hunterian Art Gallery
- Nelson Mandela The Centenary Exhibition The Lighthouse
- Katherine MacBride – Having Been Breathed Out / Patriarchy Over and Out