Glasgow Art Classes: Intuitive Collaborative Painting “Conversations in Paint” 10th/11th May, 2014
with Liz Mitchell
10th/11th May 2014
10.00 till 4.30 each day
West George College, 20 Sandyford Street, G3 8QJ
Let your intuitive self speak to you (and others) through “Conversations in Paint” at this fun two-day weekend workshop.
Working intuitively on paper and stretched canvases using a variety of art techniques with acrylic paints and mixed media to help you expand and experiment with your own unique visual vocabulary (the marks you make) and self-expression.
Working collaboratively with a partner or group on the same paper or canvas offers the individual the opportunity to let go the pressure of achieving a singular, specific piece of artwork and to relax, enjoy learn and be inspired by sharing the creative process with others. So lets collaborate, play and paint together!
All equipment and materials are provided. (Including two 50cmx50cm stretched canvas to take away)
Tea and snacks are provided. Bring your own lunch.
No prior painting experience is necessary for this experiential process based workshop. Suitable for beginners, students (great for portfolio work) through to professional artists looking to break through a creative block using a different approach. All you need is an open mind.
Liz Mitchell is a professional artist who studied Painting and Printmaking at Glasgow School of Art and has a degree in Art Therapy.
Please contact Liz for more information and to book a place.
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Open Studio Lodestone Art Bowling ‘She Sits and Watches Sinking Ships’
- Open Studio with Rowena Comrie, Bowling Harbour
- Open Door Day Centre for Advanced Textiles Glasgow School of Art
- ‘Unwrapped’ Show at The Thistle Gallery 2018
- Jonas Staal The Scottish-European Parliament Exhibition CCA
- Scottish Art Show, Awestruck Academy, Clydebank
- Falling Leaves Exhibition at The Thistle Gallery
- Brushes With War – WW1 Centenary Celebrations, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Talks at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- William Hunter Tercentenary Exhibition The Hunterian
- Denise Noone Bathing Bells at Govanhill Baths review by Pat Byrne
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Brushes With War, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Bathing Bells Exhibition, Govanhill Baths
- Young Talent Exhibition, ProjectAbility Glasgow
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- Museums at Night, Glasgow, October, 2018
- Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow Exhibition, The Mitchell
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill