GlasGLOW at the Botanic Gardens – Hallowe’en
27 October – 4 November, 2018
Tickets available exclusively at www.itison.com Plus extended dates 5 – 11 November, 2018
itison unveils half million-pound event in Glasgow Botanic Gardens
Glasgow’s Botanic Gardens are set to be completely transformed this Halloween (2018) into a magical world of light and fantasy at a brand-new world class outdoor experience from the team behind itison Drive In Movies, and the creative minds from some of the country’s best sound and light events.
Oli Norman, CEO of itison and west end resident, is investing £500,000 to launch GlasGLOW aiming to create a world class spectacular that will put Glasgow on the map as the home of Halloween.
Running from the 27th of October to the 4th of November, when the clocks change and the dark nights start to draw in, GlasGLOW will take event goers through an immersive landscape of light and sound weaving together spellbinding installations that will surprise and delight as the story comes to life. More than just light and sound, the event will have a uniquely Spielsberg-esque twist with a nod to 80s nostalgia running throughout and is expected to attract tens of thousands of event goers.
Oli said: “I’ve had the idea for GlasGLOW for over a decade and it’s now time to bring it to life! We’ve assembled a world-class lighting and technical team to bring a vision to life that will mesmerise adults and kids alike. Imagine Stranger Things met Game of Thrones in a beautiful Glasgow garden – it’s going to be pretty fantastical!’
“As a dad to two young kids, it’s become even more important to me to have brilliant things happening in our city, and we’re lucky that as a business we’re now in the position to take our idea and turn it into a reality.”
GlasGLOW is supported by Glasgow City Council, SPT, Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor, Visit Westend and Waitrose Byres Road.
Creating amazing experiences is a core part of itison’s business – itison Drive In Movies series of events has attracted over 180,000 people to screenings of iconic movies in matching locations including all eight Harry Potter films shown against the stunning mountain backdrop of Glencoe, Jaws by the Sea at Troon, Top Gun at Edinburgh Airport and Christmas classics every December at Loch Lomond Shores.
Named in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list last year, itison is the market leader in the deals space in Scotland and is coming into its tenth year with over 1.2m members across Scotland, Manchester and Newcastle signed up to receive daily emails featuring brilliant, handpicked deals from premium brands, venues and events.
The company’s Glasgow HQ, housed in a former church in the city’s Merchant City, has been called the coolest office in Scotland featuring a fireman’s pole, a fully stocked complimentary bar, a cereal bar, a giant hot air balloon, a pink phone box and an oak tree that sparkles every time a new member joins amongst its quirky features.
Doing good is a big part of the itison philosophy too – and over the past few years, together with its members, itison’s donated 200,000 meals to the homeless and is working closely with Social Bite with the ambitious aim to end homelessness in Scotland for good within five years.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Annual Charities Xmas Fayre Glasgow
- Christmas Festival at Riverside Museum Glasgow
- Vintage Bus Fayre Glasgow
- The Children’s Wood, Halloween 2018
- Many Singers Many Songs, Maryhill, 24 November, 2018
- West Dunbartonshire Christmas Toy Appeal
- Cultural Diversity Showcase, The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Black History Month
- John Carpenter: Master of Horror at Glasgow Film Theatre
- A night of music and song in support of Cure Claire’s Cancer
- The Big Day of KinDness 23 October, 2018
- Afri Adventure, Africa in Motion for Kids, Glasgow
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- Decolonising the Speculative: Journeys to African Futures – Africa in Motion 2018
- DUNOON FILM FESTIVAL 2018 ANNOUNCES FULL PROGRAMME
- Wedding Fayre OranMor Sunday 7 October, 2018
- Thomas Muir Festival 2018
- Music for the Antartic, Greenpeace, Glasgow
- Elite Basketball Camp, Hallowe’en, Cleveden School, Glasgow West End
- Black Skin, White Masks, Africa in Motion Screening and Discussion
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2018