West End Festival 2016: Gibson Street Gala, Sunday 19 June
12 Noon until 6 p.m.
The Gibson Street Gala, a favourite event in the West End Festival, will once again offer great entertainment and fun for all the family.
You can expect an array of entertainment and events including: children’s activities, artists’ displays, stalls and delicious food. Gibson Street has some of the best cafes, bars and restaurants in the West End and local traders will be tempting you to sample their products.
Gibson Street Gala is organised by the local residents of GOW – the popular gala day takes place in the area of the West End where Woodlands meets.Hillhead. The gala offers a wide range of activities with free music stages, stalls, art displays, children’s activities, tea and entertainment in St Silas Church, the back court at GOW, Otago Street and Otago Lane and under the bridge. Watch out for Ten Writers Telling Lies – 2.30 p.m. at Tchai Ovna House of Tea, Otago Lane.
You will find wonderful stalls with art work, jewellery, home baking, sweets and novelties and there will be a Kidzone at Hillhead Primary School.
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Leto GFT
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood GFT
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Inside Man GFT
- Gaza GFT
- Preview: For Sama GFT plus Q & A
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Canada Now, GFT
- Wilkie’s World, Websters Theatre
- Take One Action, GFT
- Transit GFT
- Preview: Hoop Dreams, GFT
- Extinction Rebellion Climate Carnival Renfrewshire
- Book Launch: A City of Segregation CCA
- Yellow Road – Folk on the Fringe