Ghost: 100 Stories To Read With The Lights On – chosen by Louise Welsh Thur 12 November, 2015
Thursday, November 12, 2015
6:00pm – 8:00pm
John Smith’s Glasgow University
65 Hillhead St, Glasgow G12 8QF
Part of Academic Book Week 2015, Glasgow University’s newly inaugurated Professor of Creative Writing, award-winning author Louise Welsh, will discuss her recent novels and a new anthology of supernatural stories she is responible for editing.
Ghost: 100 Stories to Read with the Lights On, published by Head of Zeus, is a vast selection of haunting tales spanning the history of literature from Pliny the Younger to Haruki Murakami.
Professor Welsh will be in conversation with Dr. Anna McFarlane, research assistant for Glasgow University’s Science Fiction and the Medical Humanities Project.
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- Novelist Ann Cleeves, Creative Conversations
- Christmas Speakeasy and Open Mic, Scottish Writers
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Michael J Malone at Book Week Scotland 2018
- Lin Anderson, Shaping the Story at Scottish Writers Centre
- Catriona Malan ‘Meet the Author’ at Fruin Farm
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Open Mic at the Balloch House Hotel
- Creative Conversations: Zinnie Harris, playwright, screenwriter and theatre director.
- From Glasgow to Saturn Call for Submissions
- The Wee Guide to Porridge, Deedee Cuddihy
- Book Week Scotland, Autumn Voices
- Simon Carlyle and Gregor Sharp, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Kusama – Infinity, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Breaking Boundaries, Bringing Translated Literature to Scotland
- Red Squirrel Press, Scottish Writers Centre
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Remembering Glasgow’s Forgotten Women
- Book Week Scotland 2018