Ghost: 100 Stories To Read With The Lights On – chosen by Louise Welsh Thur 12 November, 2015
Thursday, November 12, 2015
6:00pm – 8:00pm
John Smith’s Glasgow University
65 Hillhead St, Glasgow G12 8QF
Part of Academic Book Week 2015, Glasgow University’s newly inaugurated Professor of Creative Writing, award-winning author Louise Welsh, will discuss her recent novels and a new anthology of supernatural stories she is responible for editing.
Ghost: 100 Stories to Read with the Lights On, published by Head of Zeus, is a vast selection of haunting tales spanning the history of literature from Pliny the Younger to Haruki Murakami.
Professor Welsh will be in conversation with Dr. Anna McFarlane, research assistant for Glasgow University’s Science Fiction and the Medical Humanities Project.
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch
- The Big Chair – Autumn Voices – Robin Lloyd-Jones
- An Evening with Charles McGarry, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street
- Public Lecture of the Publishing Scotland’s International Fellows Glasgow – review by Mary Irvine
- Fail Better Open Mic, Villiers & Co
- Susan Calman, Aye Write Glasgow