GFF 2015, Scottish Premiere Shaun The Sheep Movie, Wed 4 February
Scottish Premiere Shaun The Sheep Movie
Wednesday 4 February, 2015 – 6 p.m.
Glasgow Film Festival runs from 18 February – 1 March 2015.
Start Glasgow Film Festival early with the Scottish premiere of
Shaun The Sheep Movie!
★★★★ ‘Generous, inclusive and genuinely inspiring’ – The Guardian
★★★★ ‘Purely charming… tickles the same neglected folds of your brain as
Chaplin, Keaton, and Laurel and Hardy.’ – The Telegraph
Calling all parents, animation fans and comedy lovers! As a sneak preview of their new Modern Families strand, Glasgow Film Festival is delighted to host the Scottish Premiere of Aardman Animations’ Shaun The Sheep Movie, on Wednesday 4 February, in the company of the film’s directors Mark Burton and Richard Starzack, who will answer questions after the screening.
Based on the hit television show, this all-new film follows what happens when Shaun decides to take a day off and have some fun. Pretty soon he finds himself in bother as a mix up with a caravan and a very steep hill leads to his farmer being forced to leave the farm. Soon it is up to Shaun and his flock to travel to the big city and mount a daring rescue for their farmer. From Aardman Animations, the team behind Wallace and Gromit, this special preview screening, earlier than the main Glasgow Film Festival programme, is a must-see treat for the whole family, and a lead-in to the festival’s brand new Modern Families strand of family-friendly cinema.
The film will screen simultaneously at the GFT on Rose Street and at Odeon At The Quay, at 6pm on Wednesday 4 February, and is 1hr 25 minutes long. The Q&A with the directors will take place at the GFT screening.
This section: Cinema, Glasgow Film Festival 2015, Kids and young people
- Standing on Their Shoulders, UK Premier, Africa in Motion Film Festival
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- The Little Stranger, GFT
- The Greatest Showman Sing-a-long, Glasgow Film Theatre
- ‘Young Solitude’ Review by Lola Rose
- Make Me Up at GFT
- Blueprint Independent Shorts GFT
- Womens Work 100, Fairfield Govan
- Soft Cell One Final Time, Live from London, GFT
- A Northern Soul, GFT
- The Wife, GFT
- Taggart Pilot Screening, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- The Greatest Showman Eat/Film at Sloans
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- Singin’ in the Rain, The Seamore
- The Eyes of Orson Welles, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Black 47 GFT
- Anchor and Hope, GFT
- European Art Cinema Day, Dogman GFT
- Sympathy for Mr Vengeance GFT