GFF 2015, Scottish Premiere Shaun The Sheep Movie, Wed 4 February
Scottish Premiere Shaun The Sheep Movie
Wednesday 4 February, 2015 – 6 p.m.
Glasgow Film Festival runs from 18 February – 1 March 2015.
Start Glasgow Film Festival early with the Scottish premiere of
Shaun The Sheep Movie!
★★★★ ‘Generous, inclusive and genuinely inspiring’ – The Guardian
★★★★ ‘Purely charming… tickles the same neglected folds of your brain as
Chaplin, Keaton, and Laurel and Hardy.’ – The Telegraph
Calling all parents, animation fans and comedy lovers! As a sneak preview of their new Modern Families strand, Glasgow Film Festival is delighted to host the Scottish Premiere of Aardman Animations’ Shaun The Sheep Movie, on Wednesday 4 February, in the company of the film’s directors Mark Burton and Richard Starzack, who will answer questions after the screening.
Based on the hit television show, this all-new film follows what happens when Shaun decides to take a day off and have some fun. Pretty soon he finds himself in bother as a mix up with a caravan and a very steep hill leads to his farmer being forced to leave the farm. Soon it is up to Shaun and his flock to travel to the big city and mount a daring rescue for their farmer. From Aardman Animations, the team behind Wallace and Gromit, this special preview screening, earlier than the main Glasgow Film Festival programme, is a must-see treat for the whole family, and a lead-in to the festival’s brand new Modern Families strand of family-friendly cinema.
The film will screen simultaneously at the GFT on Rose Street and at Odeon At The Quay, at 6pm on Wednesday 4 February, and is 1hr 25 minutes long. The Q&A with the directors will take place at the GFT screening.
This section: Cinema, Glasgow Film Festival 2015, Kids and young people
- Festival 2018, Berlin on Screen GFT
- Racer and The Jailbird, GFT
- Con Air, GFT
- Cinemasters: Alfred Hitchcock Season at GFT 2018
- Pin Cushion, GFT
- Whitney GFT
- In Bed With Madonna GFT
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer Festival, Burnt Church Film Club Glasgow
- BlackKklansman Special Screening, GFT
- Scottish Short Film Festival, 21 July, 2018
- Cinemasters: Jacques Tati at GFT, Summer 2018
- Getting Started with Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Cabaret, GFT
- John Waters’ Polyester – Launch of Scalarama Programme 2018
- The Happy Prince, GFT
- Mean Girls, Burnt Church Film Club + Daniel Franzese in person for Q & A
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Britannia Panoptican Music Hall
- Howl’s Moving Castle, GFT
- Screening of ‘Harmonies’ The Glad Cafe
- Betty: They Say I’m Different, GFT