GFF 2015, Scottish Premiere Shaun The Sheep Movie, Wed 4 February
Scottish Premiere Shaun The Sheep Movie
Wednesday 4 February, 2015 – 6 p.m.
Glasgow Film Festival runs from 18 February – 1 March 2015.
Start Glasgow Film Festival early with the Scottish premiere of
Shaun The Sheep Movie!
★★★★ ‘Generous, inclusive and genuinely inspiring’ – The Guardian
★★★★ ‘Purely charming… tickles the same neglected folds of your brain as
Chaplin, Keaton, and Laurel and Hardy.’ – The Telegraph
Calling all parents, animation fans and comedy lovers! As a sneak preview of their new Modern Families strand, Glasgow Film Festival is delighted to host the Scottish Premiere of Aardman Animations’ Shaun The Sheep Movie, on Wednesday 4 February, in the company of the film’s directors Mark Burton and Richard Starzack, who will answer questions after the screening.
Based on the hit television show, this all-new film follows what happens when Shaun decides to take a day off and have some fun. Pretty soon he finds himself in bother as a mix up with a caravan and a very steep hill leads to his farmer being forced to leave the farm. Soon it is up to Shaun and his flock to travel to the big city and mount a daring rescue for their farmer. From Aardman Animations, the team behind Wallace and Gromit, this special preview screening, earlier than the main Glasgow Film Festival programme, is a must-see treat for the whole family, and a lead-in to the festival’s brand new Modern Families strand of family-friendly cinema.
The film will screen simultaneously at the GFT on Rose Street and at Odeon At The Quay, at 6pm on Wednesday 4 February, and is 1hr 25 minutes long. The Q&A with the directors will take place at the GFT screening.
This section: Cinema, Glasgow Film Festival 2015, Kids and young people
- Memento, GFT
- Selected 8 New film & video from across the UK, CCA
- The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou, GFT
- Grease, GFT
- An Unashamed Claim to Visibility: films about queerness + dis/ability, CCA
- Cool Hand Luke, GFT
- Another News Story, GFT
- Custody, Winner of GFF18 Audience Award at GFT
- Western, GFT
- A Gentle Creature, GFT
- Funny Cow at GFT
- Call for Young Programmers for 10th Anniversary of Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Love, Simon GFT
- The Grosvenor Cinema, Ashton Lane, Glasgow G12
- Radical Film Network 6818 Launch, Glasgow
- Antonio Lopez 1970: Sex, Fashion and Disco
- Glasgow Zine Fest SQIFF Presents: Live in DIY Queer Filmmaking Conversation! CCA
- Friday the 13th at GFT
- Glasgow Zine Fest SQIFF Presents: By Hook or By Crook + Unhung Heroes
- Marlina the Murderer in Four Acts, GFT