Get Carter The Citizens Theatre until 12 March, 2016.
The Citizens Theatre
8 Mar 2016 to 12 Mar 2016
A dark and stylish new adaptation of the classic Newcastle-noir thriller.
Jack Carter is back home for the first time in years. He’s back to bury a brother who hated him, in a town he swore he was never going to see again. He’s back to find out who killed his brother, to pay debts and settle scores.
As the local underworld closes ranks, Jack’s bosses back in London find out that Jack has had his fingers in the till, and other places they shouldn’t have been. Jack plays a deadly game of cat and mouse as everyone tries to Get Carter, unless he gets you first.
Based on the novel Jack’s Return Home by Ted Lewis which was inspired by the classic noir of Raymond Chandler, the freedom of Jazz and the coming of the 1960s – Lewis’s novel is a classic of British crime fiction.
Set in a hard and uncompromising world of 1960’s Newcastle rife with crime, sex, gambling and violence this adaptation tells the story made famous in Mike Hodge’s seminal film starring Michael Caine in the lead role.
Contains strong language and scenes of violence.
£12.50 – £22.50
£2 online transaction fee applies
Box Office: 0141 429 0022
”[Lorne] Campbell’s production is absorbing.”
The Times ★★★★
Citizens Theatre, 119 Gorbals Street, Glasgow, G5 9DS
- A Play, Pie and A Pint: King Keich, OranMor by Louise Welsh
- Luca Manning and Finn Bradley – The Music of Chet Baker
- Nice Thursday Market, Merchants House, Glasgow
- Disability Led Creative Movement CCA Oct/Dec 2018
- Women’s Voices in Culture and Politics in Cuba CCA
- Writers for Peace, Project Cafe
- Fiona Burns Mindfulness Course Hillhead Sports Club
- Shake Hands With The Devil, CCA
- Africa in Motion – I Still Hide To Smoke, GFT
- Calibre, GFT
- St Andrew’s Torch Light Parade Glasgow West End
- A Woman Captured GFT
- The Handmaiden – GFT
- Glasgow Havana Film Festival 2018, GFT
- Estonia Now at GFT
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- Standing on Their Shoulders, UK Premier, Africa in Motion Film Festival
- DUNOON FILM FESTIVAL 2018 ANNOUNCES FULL PROGRAMME
- John Carpenter: Master of Horror at Glasgow Film Theatre
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley