Get Carter The Citizens Theatre until 12 March, 2016.
The Citizens Theatre
8 Mar 2016 to 12 Mar 2016
A dark and stylish new adaptation of the classic Newcastle-noir thriller.
Jack Carter is back home for the first time in years. He’s back to bury a brother who hated him, in a town he swore he was never going to see again. He’s back to find out who killed his brother, to pay debts and settle scores.
As the local underworld closes ranks, Jack’s bosses back in London find out that Jack has had his fingers in the till, and other places they shouldn’t have been. Jack plays a deadly game of cat and mouse as everyone tries to Get Carter, unless he gets you first.
Based on the novel Jack’s Return Home by Ted Lewis which was inspired by the classic noir of Raymond Chandler, the freedom of Jazz and the coming of the 1960s – Lewis’s novel is a classic of British crime fiction.
Set in a hard and uncompromising world of 1960’s Newcastle rife with crime, sex, gambling and violence this adaptation tells the story made famous in Mike Hodge’s seminal film starring Michael Caine in the lead role.
Contains strong language and scenes of violence.
£12.50 – £22.50
£2 online transaction fee applies
Box Office: 0141 429 0022
”[Lorne] Campbell’s production is absorbing.”
The Times ★★★★
Citizens Theatre, 119 Gorbals Street, Glasgow, G5 9DS
- Glasgow May Day March and Rally 6 May, 2018
- Memento, GFT
- Selected 8 New film & video from across the UK, CCA
- The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou, GFT
- Grease, GFT
- An Unashamed Claim to Visibility: films about queerness + dis/ability, CCA
- Cool Hand Luke, GFT
- Another News Story, GFT
- Custody, Winner of GFF18 Audience Award at GFT
- Western, GFT
- A Gentle Creature, GFT
- Funny Cow at GFT
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Call for Young Programmers for 10th Anniversary of Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Big Feed Street Food Special, Govan
- Camilla Grudova, QMU, University of Glasgow
- Love, Simon GFT
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Aye Write: Archie Macpherson, Adventures in the Golden Age