The Gatsby Speakeasy at the Southside Fringe, 20 May, 2016. The Rumshack
The Gatsby Speakeasy at the Southside Fringe
20 May, 2016.
657 – 679 Pollokshaws Road, G41 2AB
The Gatsby Club, Scotlands largest 1920s themed cabaret and club night returns with The Gatsby Speakeasy at the Southside Fringe.
Hidden away underground, lies a liquor establishment playing host to a secret party. Soak up the atmosphere with a show featuring singers, dancers, burlesque acts and more, followed by tunes from our retro DJ.
Special speakeasy cocktails will be on offer throughout the night and a secret password will be revealed! Word of warning though – when you hear the siren go off, make sure you hide your drinks! The police are raiding the joint!!
And of course it wouldn’t be a speakeasy without some illicit gambling! As flappers sip on cocktails, gangsters play blackjack in the corner. On arrival you’ll be given some Gatsby dollar bills to join them, with the option to purchase more from your dealer. The winner will be revealed later in the night and awarded with a bottle of champagne!
The Godfather of Scottish Cabaret
& Compere for the Evening:
~ RUFUS TEE ~
~ HETTIE HEARTACHE ~
Master of Magic:
~ THE GREAT AZIZ ~
~ ANGUS MUNRO ~
Dress code: Flappers with feathers, waistcoats and spats, long pearl necklaces, fetching fedoras, gangsters and molls, vamps and vixens. Dress to impress but please no riff-raff.
Doors: 7:30pm (evening closes at 12:00am)
Tickets: £8 entry in advance from: Buy tickets online
The Rum Shack Glasgow
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Gavin Paterson Nova Scotia Folk Club
- The Wellgreen, Stilton, KiDD, West of Scotland Cricket Club
- David Rovics at the Doublet Bar
- Spangled Cabaret October 2018
- Starry Skies Album Launch, OranMor
- Fail Better Open Mic, Villiers & Co
- Jim Byrne, The Basement Jam, Tennent’s Bar, Glasgow
- Fara, OranMor, Glasgow
- Brooks Williams Sounds in the Suburbs, The Doublet
- Seven Song Club, LOOPER and Wholly…..Cats
- Linda Jaxson Band at St Louis Cafe/Bar, Glasgow
- Songs of the Silver Screen, OranMor
- Yvonne Lyon and Eilidh Patterson, The Glad Cafe
- Ethan Johns, Love Music Glasgow
- Women at Carlton Studios, Glasgow, Monthly Event
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, 24 August, 2018
- Word Jazzology, Glasgow 30 August 2018
- Musicians in Exile, The Pearce Institute
- Martha L Healy, Album Launch, The Glad Cafe