The Gatsby Speakeasy at the Southside Fringe, 20 May, 2016. The Rumshack
The Gatsby Speakeasy at the Southside Fringe
20 May, 2016.
657 – 679 Pollokshaws Road, G41 2AB
The Gatsby Club, Scotlands largest 1920s themed cabaret and club night returns with The Gatsby Speakeasy at the Southside Fringe.
Hidden away underground, lies a liquor establishment playing host to a secret party. Soak up the atmosphere with a show featuring singers, dancers, burlesque acts and more, followed by tunes from our retro DJ.
Special speakeasy cocktails will be on offer throughout the night and a secret password will be revealed! Word of warning though – when you hear the siren go off, make sure you hide your drinks! The police are raiding the joint!!
And of course it wouldn’t be a speakeasy without some illicit gambling! As flappers sip on cocktails, gangsters play blackjack in the corner. On arrival you’ll be given some Gatsby dollar bills to join them, with the option to purchase more from your dealer. The winner will be revealed later in the night and awarded with a bottle of champagne!
The Godfather of Scottish Cabaret
& Compere for the Evening:
~ RUFUS TEE ~
~ HETTIE HEARTACHE ~
Master of Magic:
~ THE GREAT AZIZ ~
~ ANGUS MUNRO ~
Dress code: Flappers with feathers, waistcoats and spats, long pearl necklaces, fetching fedoras, gangsters and molls, vamps and vixens. Dress to impress but please no riff-raff.
Doors: 7:30pm (evening closes at 12:00am)
Tickets: £8 entry in advance from: Buy tickets online
The Rum Shack Glasgow
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Queen Margaret Drive Festival, West End Festival 2019
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT