From Glasgow to Greece, Fundraiser
Greek food, Scottish singing and music and poetry from around the world.
Friday 23 November, 2018, 7 p.m.
Fred Paton Centre, 19 Carrington St, Glasgow G4 9AJ
Raising funds for two remarkable projects creating community in Glasgow and Athens
– Woodlands Community Cafe and Project Elea.
Tickets cost £15 adult and £7.50 for children (babies and toddlers who can sit on parents lap are free). It include a three course vegetarian meal plus all entertainment. There will also be chances on the night for you to win prizes in our raffle and auction.
If you are unable to attend, but would still like to donate you can purchase “In Spirit” tickets for either £5 or £15.
The event follows the format of a Cèilidh Còmhla: a gathering of friends with food interspersed with performance, readings, music and entertainment. There will be also be a short open-mic slot for members of the audience to contribute to the night’s programme.
Bring your own bottle (corkage charges apply).
shared meal. The cafe is open to all, with most people coming from Woodlands, Maryhill and Woodside areas with others travelling from across West and North Glasgow. Our beneficiaries include people experiencing financial hardship, people who are homeless, people with long term health problems and asylum seekers and refugees. By encouraging a healthy vegetarian diet, we are making permanent changes in people’s perception towards food. Our Café provides access to good, fresh and healthy food and enables people from all backgrounds to socialise in a safe welcoming environment. Managed by Woodlands Community Development Trust, the community café has served over 16,000 meals since in the last 4 years.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Festive Family Shindig, Fundraiser Cure Claire’s Cancer
- Christmas Caroling
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced
- Befriending Food Experience Launch
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- Make Do And Mend, Repair Cafe
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Primevals, Winter Initiative Night Shelter Fundraiser, Mono
- John Maclean Centenary March Glasgow
- Art Auction Fundraiser – Cure Claire’s Cancer
- Document Film Festival Glasgow 2018
- Chill Habibi! The Glad Cafe
- A Weakness for Raisins Ester Krumbachová exhibition CCA
- SQIFF 2018 Opening Night Shorts Glasgow Film Theatre
- CCA is having a party
- From Glasgow to Greece, Fundraiser
- Book Week Scotland 2018
- Book Week Scotland 2018 – Events at Arlington Baths Club