From Glasgow to Greece, Fundraiser
Greek food, Scottish singing and music and poetry from around the world.
Friday 23 November, 2018, 7 p.m.
Fred Paton Centre, 19 Carrington St, Glasgow G4 9AJ
Raising funds for two remarkable projects creating community in Glasgow and Athens
– Woodlands Community Cafe and Project Elea.
Tickets cost £15 adult and £7.50 for children (babies and toddlers who can sit on parents lap are free). It include a three course vegetarian meal plus all entertainment. There will also be chances on the night for you to win prizes in our raffle and auction.
If you are unable to attend, but would still like to donate you can purchase “In Spirit” tickets for either £5 or £15.
The event follows the format of a Cèilidh Còmhla: a gathering of friends with food interspersed with performance, readings, music and entertainment. There will be also be a short open-mic slot for members of the audience to contribute to the night’s programme.
Bring your own bottle (corkage charges apply).
shared meal. The cafe is open to all, with most people coming from Woodlands, Maryhill and Woodside areas with others travelling from across West and North Glasgow. Our beneficiaries include people experiencing financial hardship, people who are homeless, people with long term health problems and asylum seekers and refugees. By encouraging a healthy vegetarian diet, we are making permanent changes in people’s perception towards food. Our Café provides access to good, fresh and healthy food and enables people from all backgrounds to socialise in a safe welcoming environment. Managed by Woodlands Community Development Trust, the community café has served over 16,000 meals since in the last 4 years.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- G20 Youth Festival – Raising Funds
- Govanhill Carnival Parade 2019
- Govanhill International Festival 2019
- Mother Courage and Her Children by Tom Leonard
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Cuba Libre, Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Celtic Music Radio House Concert Fundraiser for Tom Fairnie
- Lids Open Day, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Websters Big Summer Event
- Record Fair at Nice n Sleazy
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Rab Noakes, Websters 2
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival