From Glasgow to Greece, Fundraiser
Greek food, Scottish singing and music and poetry from around the world.
Friday 23 November, 2018, 7 p.m.
Fred Paton Centre, 19 Carrington St, Glasgow G4 9AJ
Raising funds for two remarkable projects creating community in Glasgow and Athens
– Woodlands Community Cafe and Project Elea.
Tickets cost £15 adult and £7.50 for children (babies and toddlers who can sit on parents lap are free). It include a three course vegetarian meal plus all entertainment. There will also be chances on the night for you to win prizes in our raffle and auction.
If you are unable to attend, but would still like to donate you can purchase “In Spirit” tickets for either £5 or £15.
The event follows the format of a Cèilidh Còmhla: a gathering of friends with food interspersed with performance, readings, music and entertainment. There will be also be a short open-mic slot for members of the audience to contribute to the night’s programme.
Bring your own bottle (corkage charges apply).
shared meal. The cafe is open to all, with most people coming from Woodlands, Maryhill and Woodside areas with others travelling from across West and North Glasgow. Our beneficiaries include people experiencing financial hardship, people who are homeless, people with long term health problems and asylum seekers and refugees. By encouraging a healthy vegetarian diet, we are making permanent changes in people’s perception towards food. Our Café provides access to good, fresh and healthy food and enables people from all backgrounds to socialise in a safe welcoming environment. Managed by Woodlands Community Development Trust, the community café has served over 16,000 meals since in the last 4 years.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Wild Festival and Gala, Children’s Wood
- Southside Film Festival 2019
- Carnival of the Dark Arts
- Henry Bell, Booked Festival 2019
- Polly Clark, Booked Festival 2019
- 80 Years of Cinema Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Film Theatre celebrates 80 Years of Cinema
- May 2019 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Southside Fringe Festival 2019
- Crossways Irish Scottish Cultural and Literary Festival Roseanne Watt & Kate Newmann
- West End Festival: The Luthiers’ Concert Websters Theatre
- West End Festival: Songbird: Ellyn Oliver Sings Eva Cassidy
- WEF 2019: Fiona Cuthill & Stevie Lawrence- Traditional Scottish Music
- Sweat It Festival
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Scottish Mental Health Arts Festival 2019
- Call Mr Robeson, Queens Park Glasgow
- Crossways -Irish/Scottish Cultural and Literary Festival Glasgow
- West End Festival 2019 – Programme Launch
- ¡Viva! Spanish & Latin American Film Festival 2019 Glasgow Film Theatre