The Friction Burns Supper, Rio Pop Up, Glasgow
26 January, 2018 7 p.m. – 1 a.m.
The Rio Club, 323 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3HW
It has been 8 years since the original Alternative Burns Supper.
‘Back then, we were the only ones doing this but since then the world has changed and the robots have came in to our country and taken our bards!
£5 entry includes free haggis, neaps and tatties plus a little dash of whisky. But this is not your traditional Burns affair, far from it.
Humans will do battle with robots,
rappers will battle poets,
guitarists will sing songs and comedians will tell jokes. ‘
The 2018 edition takes place in a brand new venue that officially launches in February, 2018.
Expect the unexpected
Live performances from…
Girobabies (Acoustic set)
Killer Whale (Dougie from Mickey 9s new project)
Col. John McMustard (With his long awaited spoken word debut)
and the likes of
Cee Smith – Jess Hopkins- Abi Normal – The Pines – Kayce One
Liam McCormack & George Gilman and much more TBA
we also have Crown Sound providing some battle raps from:
Zee vs Angus Keith
Zabadee vs MC Lean
Plus a host of special guests still TBA.
Your hosts as always will be Mark McG and Sammy B
Tickets are limited to 100 people first come, first served and event will run from 7pm to 1am with free dinner and drinks dished out at 9pm to keep your energy up.
You will need it against yon robobawbagz !!!!
Tickets only £5 Buy online
thanks to MALFUNCTION on the artwork . Stay tuned for further intermissions on your wifi signals
- Edwyn Collins QMU Glasgow
- Pain and Glory, GFT
- A Faithful Man, GFT
- Chic-raq GFT
- Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Propaganda – Indie Club Night, QMU
- Through Black Spruce, GFT
- BlacKkKlansman, GFT
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Glasgow Doors Open Day Kelvin Hall 2019
- Gaza GFT
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Clydebuilt Festival Dragon Boat Race
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Walk in James Watt’s Footsteps
- An Evening with Gracey Flair at Helensburgh Library
- East End Free Festival