Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
Just arrived in the Gallery Wednesday, 18 April, 2018 is a remarkable set of fifteen new exhibits by popular contemporary Scottish artists: Ian Rawnsley from Troon, Gregory Moore and Katy Arthur from Glasgow and Louise Turnbull from the Borders.
Each artist with their own interpretation of Thistle Gallery’s Seasonal Show ‘Rites of Spring’ – using a variety of mediums and now sitting alongside exhibits from 24 other leading artists.
Side by side to the newly arrived artwork are eye catching jewellery designs by Clare Spencer. Her distinctive topographical range of cuffs, necklaces and earrings are inspired by Scotland’s lochs and islands. Alexa Hope’s new fused glass range conjures up the coast with its blue hues. Accomplished jeweller Morven Browne’s new range of small metal sapling sculptures, necklaces and earrings are inspired by country hedgerows.
So as you can see – something for everyone at Thistle Gallery this Spring!
- Arctic, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Sarah Jane Scouten The Doublet
- Cowboy Calypso, WomanSaid and Stephen EvEns
- New Candys + Kundalini Genie & Gelatine
- Aye Write: The Writing of Janet Paisley with Dr Linda Jackson, University of Strathclyde
- Silent Disco Party Parade, The Record Factory
- Creative Conversations – Novelist Jacob Ross
- GFF19 Jim Galloway – A Journey In Jazz CCA
- A Private War GFT
- Tell It To The Bees
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
- The Vanishing Glasgow Film Theatre
- An Elephant Sitting Still Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Raft Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tickets on Sale Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Poetry at Inn Deep
- The Hole in the Ground, Glasgow Film Festival
- Transatlantic Sessions Celtic Connections 2019 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Full Programme Announced Glasgow Film Festival