Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
Just arrived in the Gallery Wednesday, 18 April, 2018 is a remarkable set of fifteen new exhibits by popular contemporary Scottish artists: Ian Rawnsley from Troon, Gregory Moore and Katy Arthur from Glasgow and Louise Turnbull from the Borders.
Each artist with their own interpretation of Thistle Gallery’s Seasonal Show ‘Rites of Spring’ – using a variety of mediums and now sitting alongside exhibits from 24 other leading artists.
Side by side to the newly arrived artwork are eye catching jewellery designs by Clare Spencer. Her distinctive topographical range of cuffs, necklaces and earrings are inspired by Scotland’s lochs and islands. Alexa Hope’s new fused glass range conjures up the coast with its blue hues. Accomplished jeweller Morven Browne’s new range of small metal sapling sculptures, necklaces and earrings are inspired by country hedgerows.
So as you can see – something for everyone at Thistle Gallery this Spring!
- Halloween at Heart of Scotstoun
- Glasgoes Poetic 2019
- Festa Dos Anos De Álvero De Campos Cheeky Besom Productions
- Getting Ready For The Mod at Kelvin Hall
- Edwyn Collins QMU Glasgow
- Pain and Glory, GFT
- A Faithful Man, GFT
- Chic-raq GFT
- Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Propaganda – Indie Club Night, QMU
- Through Black Spruce, GFT
- BlacKkKlansman, GFT
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Glasgow Doors Open Day Kelvin Hall 2019
- Gaza GFT
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Clydebuilt Festival Dragon Boat Race