Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
Just arrived in the Gallery Wednesday, 18 April, 2018 is a remarkable set of fifteen new exhibits by popular contemporary Scottish artists: Ian Rawnsley from Troon, Gregory Moore and Katy Arthur from Glasgow and Louise Turnbull from the Borders.
Each artist with their own interpretation of Thistle Gallery’s Seasonal Show ‘Rites of Spring’ – using a variety of mediums and now sitting alongside exhibits from 24 other leading artists.
Side by side to the newly arrived artwork are eye catching jewellery designs by Clare Spencer. Her distinctive topographical range of cuffs, necklaces and earrings are inspired by Scotland’s lochs and islands. Alexa Hope’s new fused glass range conjures up the coast with its blue hues. Accomplished jeweller Morven Browne’s new range of small metal sapling sculptures, necklaces and earrings are inspired by country hedgerows.
So as you can see – something for everyone at Thistle Gallery this Spring!
- The Last Leaf – a poem for Autumn by Catriona Malan
- Leela Soma: ‘Vermillion’ a poem for Autumn
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh Design: House For An Art Lover – Photo Gallery
- Isle of Bute. May 2018.
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow