Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
Just arrived in the Gallery Wednesday, 18 April, 2018 is a remarkable set of fifteen new exhibits by popular contemporary Scottish artists: Ian Rawnsley from Troon, Gregory Moore and Katy Arthur from Glasgow and Louise Turnbull from the Borders.
Each artist with their own interpretation of Thistle Gallery’s Seasonal Show ‘Rites of Spring’ – using a variety of mediums and now sitting alongside exhibits from 24 other leading artists.
Side by side to the newly arrived artwork are eye catching jewellery designs by Clare Spencer. Her distinctive topographical range of cuffs, necklaces and earrings are inspired by Scotland’s lochs and islands. Alexa Hope’s new fused glass range conjures up the coast with its blue hues. Accomplished jeweller Morven Browne’s new range of small metal sapling sculptures, necklaces and earrings are inspired by country hedgerows.
So as you can see – something for everyone at Thistle Gallery this Spring!
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Queen Margaret Drive Festival, West End Festival 2019
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT