Freight Books – Events at Aye Write! 2016
Freight has a great selection of authors at Aye Write! 2016
Events in the Mitchell Library, North St, Glasgow G3 7DN
James Yorkston (with Colin MacIntyre)
Cult singer-songwriter James Yorkston reads from his acclaimed debut novel Three Craws with Mull Historical Society’s Colin MacIntyre – with music.
Saturday 12th March, 7.30pm, £12 Book here
Douglas Lindsay (with Mason Cross and Mark Legget)
Author of The Legend of Barney Thomson, also a recent Bafta winning film starring two-times Oscar winner Emma Thompson, launches his new chilling crime series featuring DI Ben Westphall, set in the north of Scotland, with the book Song of the Dead.
Saturday 12th March, 7.30pm, £9
Jim Carruth (with Liz Lochhead and Gerrie Fellows)
Glasgow’s Makar, recently shortlisted for the prestigious Fenton Aldeburgh First Collection Award for his debut, Killochries, reads with two other acclaimed Scottish poets, from a new illustrated collection inspired by paintings in Glasgow’s Hunterian Gallery
Saturday 12th March, 7.30pm £6 Book here
Neil Mackay (with Ben McPherson)
Neil Mackay reads from his outstanding new novel about the first documented case of a serial killer, in 16th century Germany, The Wolf Trial, pitched as The Name of the Rose meets American Psycho.
Sunday 13th March, Noon, £9
Lara Williams (with Jem Lester)
Outstanding new voice Lara Williams reads from her up-to-the-minute story collection about 21st century womanhood, Treats, “…as if Katherine Mansfield lived in a world of iPhones and Topshop” according to the Huffington Post.
Sunday 13th March, 7.30pm, £6
Comedian Rob Newman proposes that evolution was driven by co-operation, not competition, in his fabulous, funny A to Z, The Entirely Accurate Encyclopaedia of Evolution.
Saturday 19th March, 6pm, £9
Gutter (with Neue Reekie)
Gutter 14 magazine is launched together with top Scottish spoken word night Neue Reekie – featuring signer-songwriter RM Hubbert, rapper Loki, Kate Tough and MacGillivray
Saturday 19th March, 7.30pm, £12
- Aye Write 2018, Jon McGregor introduces…Chris Power & Chris McQueer
- Aye Write! 2018 Jackie Kay – Bantam
- Aye Write! Scottish Poetry Legends at National Library of Scotland Kelvinhall, 15 March, 2017
- Aye Write: Peter Hook, Substance, 6th October, 2016
- Wee Write at the Bandstand, 9 July, 2016
- Aye Write! Events and review of Patrick Harvie – The Books that Shaped Me by Pat Byrne
- Aye Write! Sunday 20 March, 2016. Two events hosted by J David Simons
- Aye Write! Paul Mason and Nick Srnicek – Postcapitalism 19 March, 2016.
- Aye Write! What I Learned From Johnny Bevan – Luke Wright review by Calum Maclean
- Jason Wood and Ian Haydn Smith Aye Write! New British Cinema, 12 March, 2016
- Aye Write! James Kelman, Kirsty Lusk, Sean Bell – Scotland and the Easter Rising, 17 March, 2016
- Steve Orlando – The Midnighter Saturday 19 March, 2016. Outspoken Arts
- Jack & John Sutherland – Stars, Cars & Crystal Meth, 13 March, 2016 Aye Write!
- Sarah Turner & Chitra Ramaswamy – The Lowdown on Motherhood, 19 March, 2016. Aye Write!
- Tom Blass and Donald Murray – North Sea Tales, 13 March, 2016. Aye Write!
- The Bookshop Band, Aye Write! 11 March, 2016.
- Aye Write! Federation of Writers – Scotland – Sudden Fame, 13 March, 2016
- Aye Write! Louis de Bernières – Of Love and Desire, 11 March, 2016
- Aye Write! Murdering the Genre, Graeme Macrae Burnet and Peter Arnott, 5 March, 2016
- Alex Gordon and Maggie Dun, Aye Write! The Heyday of Scottish Newspapers, 11 March 2016