“Freedom Bound” – Slavery in Scotland Discussion at GOMA
Thursday 18 October, 2018
6 p.m. – 7.30 p.m.
Nelson Mundell, PhD researcher at Glasgow University, and Sha Nazir, director of BHP comics, will discuss the research and development process of making “Freedom Bound”, the ground breaking graphic novel telling the true story of three slaves brought to Scotland and their journey to freedom.
The event is Free and part of Black History Month.
This section: Black History Month Glasgow, Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Kusama – Infinity, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Mark Kermode Book Tour at GFT, ‘How Does It Feel?’
- Breaking Boundaries, Bringing Translated Literature to Scotland
- Red Squirrel Press, Scottish Writers Centre
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Remembering Glasgow’s Forgotten Women
- Book Week Scotland 2018
- Liam McIlvanney, Creative Conversations University of Glasgow
- Glasgow Scribes (calligraphy).
- Book Week Scotland: Worlds of Ursula K. Le Guin Documentary GFT
- Book Week Scotland 2018 – Events at Arlington Baths Club
- Poetry at Inn Deep with Cat Hepburn
- Book Week Scotland: Denise Mina and Liam McIlvaney
- Scottish Pen: The Day of the Imprisoned Writer
- Catriona Malan – Meet the Author at Fruin Farm
- Mary Irvine: Scottish Writers Centre Comes Home
- ‘Neither Oil Nor Water’ book launch Jim Ferguson
- Gail Honeyman, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Women’s Voices in Culture and Politics in Cuba CCA