Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
Thursday 22 August, 2019 at 6–8 p.m.
Ajay Close, Amanda Thomson, Anna Levin, “Ambrose Parry” (pseudonym used by the writing duo Christopher Brookmyre and Marisa Haeztman), Martin Macintyre and Polly Clark
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
The writers will be reading and discussing their work with Professor of Creative Writing, Louise Welsh, in honour of Publishing Scotland’s International Fellows 2019. The fellowship facilitates international exchange and comprises ten invited publishing Fellows from Germany, France, Norway, Lithuania, US, the Netherlands, Portugal and Spain.
This is a wonderful opportunity to engage with some of the most talented writers working in Scotland today and to mingle with international publishing professionals. The showcase is free and will be followed by a wine reception.
All welcome, no booking necessary.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Walk in James Watt’s Footsteps
- An Evening with Gracey Flair at Helensburgh Library
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Book Launch: A City of Segregation CCA
- Danger Poets, Waterstones Byres Road
- Women With Fierce Words CCA
- Books at the Botanics
- Launch Govanhill Book Festival 2019
- Govanhill: Portrait of a Community review Pat Byrne
- Paul Murdoch, Alexandria Writers + Open Mic
- Pinolino Puppet Show and Story Telling
- Free Pride CCA
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Bruce Biddolph Outstanding as ‘The Inquisitor’
- Edinburgh International Book Festival 2019
- Stories from the Southside – Govanhill Book Festival
- Obsession: Double Bill Safe/To Die For GFT