Fox Star, Community Arts Festival, Kelvingrove Bandstand 24 – 26 Jul 2015
Kelvingrove Bandstand and Ampitheatre, Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow, G3 7LH
Friday 24, Saturday 25 an Sunday 26 July, 2015
A weekend of music, spoken word, visual art and kids activities galore. For all generations – bring the kids and grandparents.
Fox Star Festival is a non-profit, family friendly event organised by in partnership with Friends of the River Kelvin, Glasgow Life and the Building Preservation Trust to promote outdoor performances commonplace in other European cities.
A whole weekend of glorious music kicks off on Friday evening with Sing me a New Song, a night celebrating the joy of choir singing and showcasing a new commission from Voicebeat Choir.
On Saturday and Sunday performers include Justin Currie, JP Berrie Band, The Starry Skies, Mossa Funk Club, Duglas T Stewart, Monica Queen, Attic Lights, McClusky Brothers, Capone and the Bullets, Acoustic Butterfly, Helen Reeves Band, Sweetheart Review, Easy Tiger, Daniel McGeever, Norrie McCulloch and Stephen Duguid.
The event also features spoken word, visual art, kids activities and lots more.
Sponsored by Mother India and La Favorita.
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- ‘thi wurd’ #3 at The Old Hairdressers, Glasgow
- Jane Harris Creative Conversations University of Glasgow
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch