Four Solos in the Wild, Project Ability, Until 26 November, 2016
Project Ability is pleased to present ‘Four Solos in the Wild’, a touring exhibition originating in the Tycanol Woods of Pembrokeshire – a powerful exhibition by four disabled performers featuring short films and photography.
The performers, Graham Busby, Mervyn Bradley, Erika Juniper and Andrew Kelly, spent two weeks in atmospheric wild woodland in Pembrokeshire, exploring and responding to the landscape. From this experience they made powerful dance solos that were captured on film, directed by artist Ray Jacobs and camera, by dance photographer Chris Nash.
The four performers are members of Arty Party, a Shropshire based charity which gives opportunities for learning disabled people to explore, create and share their art.
Arty Party produced this project through funding from Arts Council England and the Basil Houghton Memorial Trust
Project Ability’s exhibition programme is supported by the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation
Exhibition open 04-26 November.
For more information visit http://
Project Ability, 103 Trongate, G1 5HD
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School