Folklub – Kirsty Law plus Suas, The Old Hairdressers
17 May, 2018
Kirsty Law is an innovative Scottish singer and song-maker who draws on Scots musical traditions whilst collaborating with artists of different mediums. Her latest album project ‘Young Night Thought’ is an audiovisual exploration of the ‘inner child’ concept through folklore song and film. Working with Kirsty on this exciting venture are filmmaker Daniel Warren, painter Kirsty Whiten and record producer Ben Seal.
On this album Kirsty is backed by pedal harpist Esther Swift (Twelfth Day) and drummer Owen Curtis Williams (Withered Hand), as well as being joined by guest singers Jarlath Henderson, Carla Easton (TeenCanteen) and Karine Polwart, with whom she also did a special co-write.
As the trio tour the show around the country, they will take with them a short film and a triptych of paintings that have been created in parallel with this album of original songs.
‘a spellbinding new album…’ Max Reinhardt BBC Radio 3 Late Junction
‘Beautiful and fiesty… a musician doing things her own way’ Karine Polwar
Suas are a Glasgow based band who learned their craft in different areas of Scotland, and use these disparate influences to create uplifting music inspired by their individual places and culture
Glasgow’s Irish scene is very much represented in the final product, in equal measure with the Highland culture of the North West and everything in between.
The Old Hairdressers, 27 Renfield Lane, G2 5AR
Tickets and information – Event on Facebook
- Festa Dos Anos De Álvero De Campos Cheeky Besom Productions
- Getting Ready For The Mod at Kelvin Hall
- Edwyn Collins QMU Glasgow
- Pain and Glory, GFT
- A Faithful Man, GFT
- Chic-raq GFT
- Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Propaganda – Indie Club Night, QMU
- Through Black Spruce, GFT
- BlacKkKlansman, GFT
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Glasgow Doors Open Day Kelvin Hall 2019
- Gaza GFT
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Clydebuilt Festival Dragon Boat Race
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Walk in James Watt’s Footsteps