Flo, A Play A Pie and A Pint, OranMor, 18 – 23 April, 2016.
Mon, 18 April, 2016 — Sat, 23 April, 2016
Lunchtime Theatre at OranMor – Top of Byres Road, G12
By Martin McCormick | Directed By Ben Harrison
Featuring Kirsty Stuart
Produced in Association with Aberdeen Performing Arts
This is Helen and Mike’s first. And it’s not easy. He works a lot. He has to. After all it’s why they’re here. Thousands of miles from home. So it’s mostly just Helen and the baby, alone in the compound, cooped up; after all, it’s not safe outside. But there’s nothing to worry about, Mike says, the insurgents are on the other side of the country.
Flo is the latest play by award-winning writer Martin McCormick (Squash- Play, Pie, Pint/Traverse, Best New Play, CATS 2015).
Martin McCormick is an award winning playwright and actor. His debut play ‘Squash’ (OranMor/Traverse) won Best New Play at last year’s Critics Awards for Theatre in Scotland.
Other playwriting credits include ‘The Day the Pope Emptied Croy’ (Traverse/Oran Mor), co-writer on ‘News Just In’ (Random Accomplice) and ‘Tristan Nightaway’ (Play, Pie, Pint- Three Minute Thursday).
Also his short play Potterrow (Cumbernauld Theatre) won last year’s inaugural Short Play Prize.
Martin is currently developing plays for Grid Iron and Utter Theatre developing two other untitled theatre projects for 2016.
He graduated from RCS in 2007 and went on to work in theatre and TV in Scotland. His theatre credits include work with National Theatre of Scotland, Royal Lyceum, Dundee Rep, Tron, Vox Motus, macrobert, Visible Fictions, Grid Iron, Play Pie Pint, Arches, Magnetic North, Random Accomplice, Ramesh Meyyappan, Eden Court, Perth Theatre, Manchester Royal Exchange and Paines Plough.
Monday – Saturday 1pm
(Doors 12pm/12.30pm on Mondays)
Ticket price includes a drink (beer, wine or soft drink) plus a pie or vegetarian quiche.
08444 771 000
At the Box Office at OranMor
- Glasgow May Day March and Rally 6 May, 2018
- Memento, GFT
- Selected 8 New film & video from across the UK, CCA
- The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou, GFT
- Grease, GFT
- An Unashamed Claim to Visibility: films about queerness + dis/ability, CCA
- Cool Hand Luke, GFT
- Another News Story, GFT
- Custody, Winner of GFF18 Audience Award at GFT
- Western, GFT
- A Gentle Creature, GFT
- Funny Cow at GFT
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Call for Young Programmers for 10th Anniversary of Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Big Feed Street Food Special, Govan
- Camilla Grudova, QMU, University of Glasgow
- Love, Simon GFT
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Aye Write: Archie Macpherson, Adventures in the Golden Age