Fizzers 10 Years of Caricature at the People’s Palace from 27 May, 2016
People’s Palace, Glasgow Green, Glasgow G40 1AT
Featuring over 120 drawings by five Glasgow artists, this new show celebrates the true nature of caricature, inspired by a European approach where humorous exaggeration of the face is prized above all. Coming to the People’s Palace 27 May.
Movie stars and musicians, sporting heroes and TV personalities will all star in this special exhibition marking a decade of ‘Fizzers’ opening at Glasgow’s People’s Palace on 27 May 2016
Fizzers: 10 years of Caricature will feature over 120 international icons and Scottish celebrities as you have never seen them before – each captured in caricature by five artists from the Scottish Cartoon Art Studio.
‘Fizzer’ is Glaswegian slang for face, visitors of all ages are welcome to delight in the drawings of well-known fizzers from across the world.
David Bowie, Lady Gaga, Bay City Rollers, Rihanna and Elizabeth Taylor are just a few of the global super stars whose fizzer has been created for this unique exhibition. While, closer to home, local heroes such as Phil and Ally, Benny Lynch and Jimmy Reid are celebrated with their own portraits.
Caricatures of world-class sports people including Andy Murray, Liz McColgan and David Wilkie, will be on display alongside a squad of famous players and formidable managers fit to rival any fantasy football dream team.
Meanwhile, Doctor Who fans can reminisce over fifty years of adventures in space and time with a special section featuring each of the 12 time lords from William Hartnell to Peter Capaldi.
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School