Fizzers 10 Years of Caricature at the People’s Palace from 27 May, 2016
People's Palace, Glasgow Green, Glasgow G40 1AT
Featuring over 120 drawings by five Glasgow artists, this new show celebrates the true nature of caricature, inspired by a European approach where humorous exaggeration of the face is prized above all. Coming to the People’s Palace 27 May.
Movie stars and musicians, sporting heroes and TV personalities will all star in this special exhibition marking a decade of ‘Fizzers’ opening at Glasgow’s People’s Palace on 27 May 2016
Fizzers: 10 years of Caricature will feature over 120 international icons and Scottish celebrities as you have never seen them before - each captured in caricature by five artists from the Scottish Cartoon Art Studio.
‘Fizzer’ is Glaswegian slang for face, visitors of all ages are welcome to delight in the drawings of well-known fizzers from across the world.
David Bowie, Lady Gaga, Bay City Rollers, Rihanna and Elizabeth Taylor are just a few of the global super stars whose fizzer has been created for this unique exhibition. While, closer to home, local heroes such as Phil and Ally, Benny Lynch and Jimmy Reid are celebrated with their own portraits.
Caricatures of world-class sports people including Andy Murray, Liz McColgan and David Wilkie, will be on display alongside a squad of famous players and formidable managers fit to rival any fantasy football dream team.
Meanwhile, Doctor Who fans can reminisce over fifty years of adventures in space and time with a special section featuring each of the 12 time lords from William Hartnell to Peter Capaldi.
This section: Art - what's on, What's On Glasgow West End
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017
- ProjectAbility Pop Up Shop orignal arts and crafts, Nov/Dec, 2017
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Exhibition in Napier Hall, 20 – 22 October, 2017
- Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.
- Scotland’s Own Coinage, The Hunterian, From 3 October 2017
- Glasgow Society of Women Artists at the Lillie Gallery, 7th October – 2nd November 2017
- A Synchronology: the contemporary and other times, Hunterian Art Gallery, 27 October 2017 – 28 January 2018
- Mackintosh Club, Helensburgh, Mackintosh Festival 2017
- Family Ties, Thistle Gallery, 30 September – 15 October, 2017