Festival Fortnight 2018
Festival Fortnight is a two week programme of events coordinated by LEAP Sports to encourage LGBTI people and their friends to find out more about what sport and physical activities are available to them, to try something new and to get more active.
LEAP Sports envisage a future where everyone can access, participate, enjoy and excel in sport, no matter their gender identity or sexuality. Unfortunately, for many LGBTI people this isn’t the case and social, structural and individual barriers persist to stop them. Festival Fortnight aims to remove as many of these barriers as possible by:
- Increasing opportunities for LGBTI people to access sport and establishing pathways into regular participation.
- Celebrating and increasing the visibility of LGBTI people who already participate, enjoy and excel in sport, so that others can share in this experience.
- Exploring equality and human right issues in sport, sharing insight and knowledge to make sport more welcoming for all.
- Offering support and advice to help people get involved or to try something for the first time.
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Rab Noakes, Websters 2
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Glasgow Jazz Festival 2019
- The Lighthouse is celebrating its 20th Birthday
- Beatson Cancer Charity Gin and Sing, Bohemian Rhapsody
- Summer Ball Fundraiser Craft Café Govan
- Carers’ Week 2019
- Wilton Street Garden Fete
- Southside Film Festival 2019
- Arlington Baths at West End Festival 2019
- Dear Dinosaur: T Rex on Tour
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019: Call for Submissions & Careers Day
- Doc’ n Roll Film Festival Glasgow
- Claiming Back the Narrative, Refugee Week Scotland 2019