Festival Fortnight 2018
Festival Fortnight is a two week programme of events coordinated by LEAP Sports to encourage LGBTI people and their friends to find out more about what sport and physical activities are available to them, to try something new and to get more active.
LEAP Sports envisage a future where everyone can access, participate, enjoy and excel in sport, no matter their gender identity or sexuality. Unfortunately, for many LGBTI people this isn’t the case and social, structural and individual barriers persist to stop them. Festival Fortnight aims to remove as many of these barriers as possible by:
- Increasing opportunities for LGBTI people to access sport and establishing pathways into regular participation.
- Celebrating and increasing the visibility of LGBTI people who already participate, enjoy and excel in sport, so that others can share in this experience.
- Exploring equality and human right issues in sport, sharing insight and knowledge to make sport more welcoming for all.
- Offering support and advice to help people get involved or to try something for the first time.
- Choral Concert St Marys Episcopal Cathedral
- KeanuCon 2019 CCA
- Glasgow Film Theatre celebrates 80 Years of Cinema
- ¡Viva! Spanish & Latin American Film Festival 2019 Glasgow Film Theatre
- The 33rd Glasgow Jazz Festival 2019
- Glasgow Petanque Club
- Southside Film Festival 2019
- The Big Clothes Swop at the Ice Box
- Glasgow May Day 2019
- The Great May Day Cabaret 2019 – OranMor
- Let Me Entertain You, Fundraiser Kilbryde Hospice
- Shamanic at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Save Otago Lane Family Festival
- T.Rex is in Town, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Spring Chinese Craft Fair, M Gallery Glasgow
- Femspectives Film Festival Glasgow
- Aye Write 2019 Gaelic Reading and Singing (Family Event)
- Woodlands Community Garden’s 9th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2019