Festival 2018 Glasgow
2 – 12 August, 2018
Festival 2018, is the fabulous cultural programme of the Glasgow 2018 European Championships. Glasgow and areas hosting sport across Scotland will feature live music, circus, dance, theatre, visual art and much more at city-centre venues and in communities, bringing a carnival atmosphere to the 11 days of sporting action.
The Great Big Opening Party Wednesday 1 August, 2018
Launch at spectacular setting of George Square to welcome the Glasgow 2018 European Championships and our friends from across Europe to the beating heart of the city.
@Festival2018 kicks off in Aug & we’re hosting two FREE events in George Square. On Mon 6 catch @fat_suit @alisonaffleck & the Copper Cats and @TheDt6 from 6pm. On Wed 8 the Jazz Festival All Stars host an interactive children’s concert giving an insight into the history of jazz
Times Launch Party
16:00 – Roaming acts 17:45 – the Main Stage is live! 18:00 –
@TheAyoubSisters 18:45 – @mrchrisduncan 19:30 – @sacredpawsltd 20:15 – Opening Moment w. @BehindTheNoise1 21:00 – @ninanesbitt 21:45 @ElephantSession 22:15 – Fireworks!
Festival 2018 Closing Concert in partnership with Celtic Connection – 12 August
European Championships – 2 – 12 August, 2018
Tickets for Glasgow 2018 are on sale now. Don’t miss your chance to be part of history at the first ever European Championships from 2 – 12 August 2018.
Open daily throughout the Championships. Download your Venue Spectator Guide
Glasgow’s iconic George Square will be the beating heart of Festival 2018 during the 2018 European Championships, creating a carnival atmosphere through a spectacular line up that will delight all ages and put Glasgow and Scotland’s renowned creativity in the spotlight.
GO Live at the Green
The Kitchen Garden
Bring your appetite to the Kitchen Garden Food Village, bringing together a blend of fresh, local delicacies, live cooking demonstrations from top Scottish chefs, tasting sessions and healthy eating guidance.
This must-visit attraction will offer tasty foods from a range of the finest Scottish producers, as well as a variety of free drop in daily cooking demos for delicious healthy meal time inspiration.
Find out more at The Kitchen Garden.
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Queen Margaret Drive Festival, West End Festival 2019
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT