Family Ties, Thistle Gallery, 30 September – 15 October, 2017
‘Family Ties’ Show
Runs In Their Veins
Thistle Gallery is delighted to welcome the talented Kinsman Blake Family with their ‘Family Ties’ Show.
The exceptional creativity of this remarkable family presents a dynamic range of artistry including ceramics, paintings, woodwork to jewellery and screen-printing.
Their own family run Gallery has been based in the Scottish Borders for 40 years.
Linda is well known for her ceramics and oil paintings, while husband, Rankin, works with Scottish hardwoods.
Daughters Robyn and Lillias have both followed creative paths. Robyn, a graduate of Edinburgh College of Art, is an established and innovative jeweller. Lillias studied graphic design at the University of the Arts London, where she developed an affinity for screen-printing.
Displayed together you can see how their individual works share common ground through their close family ties and yet embody their distinctively different personalities.
This exciting and extraordinary Exhibition previews Saturday, September 30th at 11am and runs for a fortnight finishing on Sunday, October 15th, 2017.
Although the Gallery is normally closed on Mondays it will be open seven days a week for the duration of the show’s two week run.
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Caulders Garden Centre 22 – 25 February, 2018
- Valentine Haiku by Leela Soma
- Hearts for Art’s Sake, Valentine’s Gifts at Thistle Gallery
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Sonnet Youth, The Drygate
- Japanese Prints and their influence at the end of the 19th century, Glasgow Art Club
- ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’ Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- Everything in my Etsy shop is on sale: framed prints include classic views of the West End
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Poetry at Inn Deep, Tuesday 14 November, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017
- Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.
- Scotland’s Own Coinage, The Hunterian, From 3 October 2017
- A Synchronology: the contemporary and other times, Hunterian Art Gallery, 27 October 2017 – 28 January 2018
- Family Ties, Thistle Gallery, 30 September – 15 October, 2017
- Carol Dunbar, Gallery Owner: Local Character, Glasgow West End