Family Ties, Thistle Gallery, 30 September – 15 October, 2017
‘Family Ties’ Show
Runs In Their Veins
Thistle Gallery is delighted to welcome the talented Kinsman Blake Family with their ‘Family Ties’ Show.
The exceptional creativity of this remarkable family presents a dynamic range of artistry including ceramics, paintings, woodwork to jewellery and screen-printing.
Their own family run Gallery has been based in the Scottish Borders for 40 years.
Linda is well known for her ceramics and oil paintings, while husband, Rankin, works with Scottish hardwoods.
Daughters Robyn and Lillias have both followed creative paths. Robyn, a graduate of Edinburgh College of Art, is an established and innovative jeweller. Lillias studied graphic design at the University of the Arts London, where she developed an affinity for screen-printing.
Displayed together you can see how their individual works share common ground through their close family ties and yet embody their distinctively different personalities.
This exciting and extraordinary Exhibition previews Saturday, September 30th at 11am and runs for a fortnight finishing on Sunday, October 15th, 2017.
Although the Gallery is normally closed on Mondays it will be open seven days a week for the duration of the show’s two week run.
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh Design: House For An Art Lover – Photo Gallery
- Isle of Bute. May 2018.
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School
- Frostpinni!, The Lighthouse
- Ross Birrell The Transit of Hermes, CCA
- David Mach ‘Against the Tide’ Cass Art, Glasgow