Family Ties, Thistle Gallery, 30 September – 15 October, 2017
‘Family Ties’ Show
Runs In Their Veins
Thistle Gallery is delighted to welcome the talented Kinsman Blake Family with their ‘Family Ties’ Show.
The exceptional creativity of this remarkable family presents a dynamic range of artistry including ceramics, paintings, woodwork to jewellery and screen-printing.
Their own family run Gallery has been based in the Scottish Borders for 40 years.
Linda is well known for her ceramics and oil paintings, while husband, Rankin, works with Scottish hardwoods.
Daughters Robyn and Lillias have both followed creative paths. Robyn, a graduate of Edinburgh College of Art, is an established and innovative jeweller. Lillias studied graphic design at the University of the Arts London, where she developed an affinity for screen-printing.
Displayed together you can see how their individual works share common ground through their close family ties and yet embody their distinctively different personalities.
This exciting and extraordinary Exhibition previews Saturday, September 30th at 11am and runs for a fortnight finishing on Sunday, October 15th, 2017.
Although the Gallery is normally closed on Mondays it will be open seven days a week for the duration of the show’s two week run.
- Mind and Draw Live Music and Poetry Art Sessions at WEvolution
- Do The Right Thing CineMasters Spike Lee at GFT
- G20 Youth Festival – Raising Funds
- Govanhill Carnival Parade 2019
- Govanhill International Festival 2019
- Mother Courage and Her Children by Tom Leonard
- Only You GFT
- Tell It To The Bees GFT
- Our Time, GFT
- Varda by Agnes GFT
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Back to the future: 1979-1989 Film Screenings at Kelvin Hall
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Dance with a Stranger, GFT
- Eatfilm at Sloans presents Black Panther
- Africa in Motion Africa 3.0: Vanity CCA
- Gaza GFT
- Gwen, GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan
- Gregory’s Girl, Back to the Future at Kelvin Hall