Fair Hospitality, Hospitality Workers’ Campaign Launch, STUC, Glasgow, 25 May, 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
***Free bar and food before 6pm***
The hospitality sector contributes billions to the Scottish economy every year and yet it’s workers are the lowest paid and least contractually secure in our economy. The median income of workers in the hotels industry for example is 50p less than the Minimum Wage at only £7 per hour.
Fair Hospitality is the campaign set-up by and for workers in the hospitality sector. Our aim will be to provide hospitality workers with the legal knowledge, the organising skills and collective confidence to transform their workplace and ultimately re-build a collective bargaining framework for the industry.
In consultation with bar, hotel, cafe/restaurant workers from across Scotland we have put together a Charter of key changes needed to transform the sector. Our aim will be to encourage (and if necessary cajole) employers to incorporate the charter into collective bargaining agreements with workers.
The launch event will hear from workers from across the hospitality industry as to why each of the demands are needed, workshops on how we implement the charter as well as spoken word, live music and immersive theatre from our talented activists.
STUC, 333 Woodlands Road, G3 6NG
- Linlithgow Folk Festival 2018
- #Beactive Festival, George Square, Glasgow
- Faifley Rocks, Cochno Stone Fun Day
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival, School of Rock, Blythswood Hall.
- The Claire Macdonald Game Cookbook, National Library of Scotland
- Scotland All Day Sacred Harp Singing 2018
- Social Bite – Sleep in the Park – Tackling Homelessness in Scotland
- Musicians in Exile, The Pearce Institute
- Martha L Healy, Album Launch, The Glad Cafe
- Hazy Recollections – Woody Pines , Yvonne Lyon , Al Shields, Glasgow Americana
- The Glad Cafe, 6th birthday celebration
- Glasgow Americana – Yola Carter & The Red Pine Timber Co, Cottiers
- John Waters’ Polyester – Launch of Scalarama Programme 2018
- Garden Party Weekend, Fundraiser, Glasgow
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Festival 2018, Berlin on Screen GFT
- Seven Song Club Weekender, Merchant City Festival
- GlasGLOW at the Botanic Gardens – Hallowe’en
- Yorkhill and Finnieston Gala 2018
- Publishing Scotland International Showcase, University of Glasgow Chapel