Fair Hospitality, Hospitality Workers’ Campaign Launch, STUC, Glasgow, 25 May, 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
***Free bar and food before 6pm***
The hospitality sector contributes billions to the Scottish economy every year and yet it’s workers are the lowest paid and least contractually secure in our economy. The median income of workers in the hotels industry for example is 50p less than the Minimum Wage at only £7 per hour.
Fair Hospitality is the campaign set-up by and for workers in the hospitality sector. Our aim will be to provide hospitality workers with the legal knowledge, the organising skills and collective confidence to transform their workplace and ultimately re-build a collective bargaining framework for the industry.
In consultation with bar, hotel, cafe/restaurant workers from across Scotland we have put together a Charter of key changes needed to transform the sector. Our aim will be to encourage (and if necessary cajole) employers to incorporate the charter into collective bargaining agreements with workers.
The launch event will hear from workers from across the hospitality industry as to why each of the demands are needed, workshops on how we implement the charter as well as spoken word, live music and immersive theatre from our talented activists.
STUC, 333 Woodlands Road, G3 6NG
- The Doll Doctor Govanhill Theatre, Southside Festival 2018
- West End Festival Summer Programme 2018
- Southside Film Festival 2018
- Linlithgow Folk Festival – Keep Matt McGinn Singing
- Glasgow May Day March and Rally 6 May, 2018
- Big Feed Street Food Special, Govan
- Radical Film Network 6818 Launch, Glasgow
- Crossmyloof Bread Festival, The Glad Cafe
- 32nd Glasgow Jazz Festival 2018
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School
- Eco-friendly market, St Silas Church, Glasgow West End
- southern fried festival perth 2018
- A Fiction Reading. with Sheila Llewellyn and Andrew Meehan, Crossways Festival review by Pat Byrne
- S.O.S. – It’s a Swing Out Sunday! at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Rotunda Comedy Club, Fundraiser for Epilepsy Scotland
- Crossways Irish/Scottish Festival Fiction Reading & Poetry at The Tron
- Kelvin Choir Annual Spring Concert 2018, Hyndland Parish Church
- Urban Market, Drygate, Glasgow
- Glasgow Jazz Festival 2018