Fair Hospitality, Hospitality Workers’ Campaign Launch, STUC, Glasgow, 25 May, 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
***Free bar and food before 6pm***
The hospitality sector contributes billions to the Scottish economy every year and yet it’s workers are the lowest paid and least contractually secure in our economy. The median income of workers in the hotels industry for example is 50p less than the Minimum Wage at only £7 per hour.
Fair Hospitality is the campaign set-up by and for workers in the hospitality sector. Our aim will be to provide hospitality workers with the legal knowledge, the organising skills and collective confidence to transform their workplace and ultimately re-build a collective bargaining framework for the industry.
In consultation with bar, hotel, cafe/restaurant workers from across Scotland we have put together a Charter of key changes needed to transform the sector. Our aim will be to encourage (and if necessary cajole) employers to incorporate the charter into collective bargaining agreements with workers.
The launch event will hear from workers from across the hospitality industry as to why each of the demands are needed, workshops on how we implement the charter as well as spoken word, live music and immersive theatre from our talented activists.
STUC, 333 Woodlands Road, G3 6NG
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018
- Save £4 Ticket Offer- The Creative Craft Show and The Scottish Quilting Show
- Artists Network Lunch, Woodland Community
- Glasgow Kilo Vintage Sale, The Briggait, Glasgow 4 February, 2018
- Talk on Gaza, University of Glasgow, 23 January, 2018
- The Friction Burns Supper, Rio Pop Up, Glasgow
- Monte Carlo Classic Rally, Paisley 31 January, 2018
- Dance House Glasgow WinterFest
- Mystical Gardens at Glasgow Botanic Gardens
- New additions to Celtic Connections Programme 2018
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Wedding Open Events at Cottiers, Glasgow West End
- Linlithgow Folk Festival – Keep Matt McGinn Singing
- Special events and big musical guests announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2018
- Big Feed Street Social Glasgow 27 -28 January, 2017
- Scottish Witches – Pop Up Display Mitchell Library
- This is not a Burns Night – Govanhill Baths
- Finsbay Burns Night Fundraiser
- A Celebration of the Isle of Harris Gin at Finsbay
- Yes Bar Glasgow, Hogmanay 2017