FailBetter at McChuills Punk. Poems. Rivers. Flowing. Thurs, Sept 24, 2015
Punk. Poems. Rivers. Flowing.
Thursday, September 24, 2015
FailBetter at McChuills
PETROL GIRLS: Raging feminist hardcore from South East London. A spiky bundle of conkers ripening in the autumn wind, dripping spit and righteousness.
TYPESETTERS: Coarse punk-shoegaze from Chicago, Illinois. A dribbly mouthful of wasps and pumpkin seeds, spluttering oaths and cuddling apple trees.
ANY LAST WORDS: New screamo-spoken word fusion from Glasgow. A shivering set of strays letting their tongues roll up and down, creating the sound of wisdom.
PLUS POETS TO BE ANNOUNCED VERY SHORTLY…
8PM // Thursday 24th September // McChuills
FREE ENTRY! Donations for the acts very welcome.
40 High Street, Glasgow G1 1NL
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Gig Guide
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch
- The Big Chair – Autumn Voices – Robin Lloyd-Jones
- An Evening with Charles McGarry, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street
- Public Lecture of the Publishing Scotland’s International Fellows Glasgow – review by Mary Irvine
- Fail Better Open Mic, Villiers & Co