The Fail Better March, McChuills, 13th March, 2014
Thursday, March 13, 2014, 8 p.m.
Spring is sprung, the grass is riz. Here’s some poetry!
Bloody great poetry actually, from Ms Broad hersel, RACHEL MCCRUM
And then some songs from t-shirt drawer and david bowie impersonator SHAMBLES MILLER
More words from the estimable KATY HASTIE
And then music contemporary, historic, and hypothetical from legends of the art-in-the-back-room-of-Glasgow-pubs scene, MCATEER & MCATEER
And more to be announced.
As ever, it’s 8 O’clock in McChuills, free but, if you have it, we do appreciate £3 or so chucked in the hat to prevent the artists from being overtaken by consumption in their various garrets.
SEE YOU THURSDAY!
McChuills, 40 High Street, G1 1NL
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Start – Graham Morgan at Helensburgh Library
- Book Launch: ‘The Sound of the Hours’ Karen Campbell
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Book Launch: Something Like Happy – Sasha Greene
- From Glasgow To Saturn Pride Edition Launch
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Longlist for McIlvanney Prize Scottish Crime Book of the Year 2019
- Express Yourself – Poets at Tellit Slant
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper