Express Yourself, Women in Poetry at Tell It Slant, Friday 23 February, 2018
Friday, 23 February, 2018
Tell It Slant, 134 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G3 6ST
This is a biggie!! ((IT IS EXPRESS YOURSELF’S 1ST BIRTHDAY))
We are celebrating Woman In Poetry. It’s the year of the woman.
A big bunch of us fabulous woman are coming together in an all female poetry lineup to share 5 minutes each of poetry with everyone. No theme to the poetry, but uncensored. It’s an all female lineup but we encourage EVERYONE to come along and Celebrate Woman In Poetry with us. It’s going to be a great super fantabulous night.
The lineup is massive, so naturally, we each have a 5 minute slot to express ourselves.
Usual terms apply, Free entry, BYOB (beer & wine) £3 corkage – tea and coffee for sale, raffle, and the opportunity to purchase books from our beautiful poetry bookshop.
Here is the lineup:
Gentleman host: Marcas Mac an Tuairneir
Faracy Moon Grouse
Rose Ann Fraser Ritchie
Anne Mary Julia
Jessica Louise Lambert
You don’t want to miss it
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch
- The Big Chair – Autumn Voices – Robin Lloyd-Jones
- An Evening with Charles McGarry, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street
- Public Lecture of the Publishing Scotland’s International Fellows Glasgow – review by Mary Irvine