Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
Tuesday, 19 June, 2018
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JD
If you’re feeling creatively or motivationally challenged, The Scottish Writers Centre has just the cure for you this June. Ignite your imagination and fire up your creative cylinders with a session from award-winning writer, tutor, publisher and professional nag, Laura T Fyfe.
In an unpretentious, engaging and direct take on the creative process, Laura will lead discussions on the things that help and hinder the writing process. Through the exploration of Wellspring writing, Laura will offer solutions (and freebies) for those writers who turn up to the event but struggle to turn up to the page.
Entry to this event is £5/£3 concession.
Be sure to bring a notebook.
A master procrastinator, Laura has taught writers, both teenagers and adults, for fifteen years. She now uses her ludicrous abundance of procrastination experience to support other writers. She recently decided it was time to give up the do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do teacher philosophy and actually start heeding her own advice. She published her non-fiction title, Wellspring, a distillation of the advice she gives in workshops, as a fare-thee-well to her writers. She now offers workshops only occasionally, on very special occasions.
While writing and publishing her own work (poetry, prose and non-fiction) is Laura’s main focus these days, she still finds time to champion and encourage other writers in both voluntary and professional capacities, including writing events, the establishment of the Forth Valley Writers Collective and the provision of editing and publishing services.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Classes and Workshops
- Walk in James Watt’s Footsteps
- An Evening with Gracey Flair at Helensburgh Library
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Book Launch: A City of Segregation CCA
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Danger Poets, Waterstones Byres Road
- Women With Fierce Words CCA
- Books at the Botanics
- Launch Govanhill Book Festival 2019
- Govanhill: Portrait of a Community review Pat Byrne
- Paul Murdoch, Alexandria Writers + Open Mic
- Pinolino Puppet Show and Story Telling
- Free Pride CCA
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Bruce Biddolph Outstanding as ‘The Inquisitor’
- Love to Learn Open Day Glasgow Clyde College
- Edinburgh International Book Festival 2019