Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
Tuesday, 19 June, 2018
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JD
If you’re feeling creatively or motivationally challenged, The Scottish Writers Centre has just the cure for you this June. Ignite your imagination and fire up your creative cylinders with a session from award-winning writer, tutor, publisher and professional nag, Laura T Fyfe.
In an unpretentious, engaging and direct take on the creative process, Laura will lead discussions on the things that help and hinder the writing process. Through the exploration of Wellspring writing, Laura will offer solutions (and freebies) for those writers who turn up to the event but struggle to turn up to the page.
Entry to this event is £5/£3 concession.
Be sure to bring a notebook.
A master procrastinator, Laura has taught writers, both teenagers and adults, for fifteen years. She now uses her ludicrous abundance of procrastination experience to support other writers. She recently decided it was time to give up the do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do teacher philosophy and actually start heeding her own advice. She published her non-fiction title, Wellspring, a distillation of the advice she gives in workshops, as a fare-thee-well to her writers. She now offers workshops only occasionally, on very special occasions.
While writing and publishing her own work (poetry, prose and non-fiction) is Laura’s main focus these days, she still finds time to champion and encourage other writers in both voluntary and professional capacities, including writing events, the establishment of the Forth Valley Writers Collective and the provision of editing and publishing services.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Classes and Workshops
- Book Week Scotland, Autumn Voices
- Simon Carlyle and Gregor Sharp, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Kusama – Infinity, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Mark Kermode Book Tour at GFT, ‘How Does It Feel?’
- Breaking Boundaries, Bringing Translated Literature to Scotland
- Red Squirrel Press, Scottish Writers Centre
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Remembering Glasgow’s Forgotten Women
- Book Week Scotland 2018
- A Letter to Nan – women-only creative writing workshop
- Liam McIlvanney, Creative Conversations University of Glasgow
- Glasgow Scribes (calligraphy).
- Book Week Scotland: Worlds of Ursula K. Le Guin Documentary GFT
- Book Week Scotland 2018 – Events at Arlington Baths Club
- Poetry at Inn Deep with Cat Hepburn
- Book Week Scotland: Denise Mina and Liam McIlvaney
- Scottish Pen: The Day of the Imprisoned Writer
- Catriona Malan – Meet the Author at Fruin Farm
- Mary Irvine: Scottish Writers Centre Comes Home