Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
Tuesday, 19 June, 2018
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JD
If you’re feeling creatively or motivationally challenged, The Scottish Writers Centre has just the cure for you this June. Ignite your imagination and fire up your creative cylinders with a session from award-winning writer, tutor, publisher and professional nag, Laura T Fyfe.
In an unpretentious, engaging and direct take on the creative process, Laura will lead discussions on the things that help and hinder the writing process. Through the exploration of Wellspring writing, Laura will offer solutions (and freebies) for those writers who turn up to the event but struggle to turn up to the page.
Entry to this event is £5/£3 concession.
Be sure to bring a notebook.
A master procrastinator, Laura has taught writers, both teenagers and adults, for fifteen years. She now uses her ludicrous abundance of procrastination experience to support other writers. She recently decided it was time to give up the do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do teacher philosophy and actually start heeding her own advice. She published her non-fiction title, Wellspring, a distillation of the advice she gives in workshops, as a fare-thee-well to her writers. She now offers workshops only occasionally, on very special occasions.
While writing and publishing her own work (poetry, prose and non-fiction) is Laura’s main focus these days, she still finds time to champion and encourage other writers in both voluntary and professional capacities, including writing events, the establishment of the Forth Valley Writers Collective and the provision of editing and publishing services.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Classes and Workshops
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- West End Shop Fronts, Virtual Tour Kelvin Hall
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Dear Dinosaur: T Rex on Tour
- Get Your Scots Wirds Oot and Caa Awa!
- Dan Richards Booked! Festival 2019 review Mary Irvine
- Mary Irvine review: Polly Clarke – the tiger lady! Booked! Festival
- Taking Tea with a Trailblazer, NLS Kelvin Hall