Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
Tuesday, 19 June, 2018
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JD
If you’re feeling creatively or motivationally challenged, The Scottish Writers Centre has just the cure for you this June. Ignite your imagination and fire up your creative cylinders with a session from award-winning writer, tutor, publisher and professional nag, Laura T Fyfe.
In an unpretentious, engaging and direct take on the creative process, Laura will lead discussions on the things that help and hinder the writing process. Through the exploration of Wellspring writing, Laura will offer solutions (and freebies) for those writers who turn up to the event but struggle to turn up to the page.
Entry to this event is £5/£3 concession.
Be sure to bring a notebook.
A master procrastinator, Laura has taught writers, both teenagers and adults, for fifteen years. She now uses her ludicrous abundance of procrastination experience to support other writers. She recently decided it was time to give up the do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do teacher philosophy and actually start heeding her own advice. She published her non-fiction title, Wellspring, a distillation of the advice she gives in workshops, as a fare-thee-well to her writers. She now offers workshops only occasionally, on very special occasions.
While writing and publishing her own work (poetry, prose and non-fiction) is Laura’s main focus these days, she still finds time to champion and encourage other writers in both voluntary and professional capacities, including writing events, the establishment of the Forth Valley Writers Collective and the provision of editing and publishing services.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Classes and Workshops
- Tidelines Book Festival 2018, Irvine, Scotland
- The Sma Shot 2018 Paisley Town Hall
- The Backstreets of Purgatory, Waterstones Byres Road
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- The 5th Annual Champipunship, OranMor
- Cindigo, Poets at West End Festival
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library