Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
Tuesday, 19 June, 2018
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JD
If you’re feeling creatively or motivationally challenged, The Scottish Writers Centre has just the cure for you this June. Ignite your imagination and fire up your creative cylinders with a session from award-winning writer, tutor, publisher and professional nag, Laura T Fyfe.
In an unpretentious, engaging and direct take on the creative process, Laura will lead discussions on the things that help and hinder the writing process. Through the exploration of Wellspring writing, Laura will offer solutions (and freebies) for those writers who turn up to the event but struggle to turn up to the page.
Entry to this event is £5/£3 concession.
Be sure to bring a notebook.
A master procrastinator, Laura has taught writers, both teenagers and adults, for fifteen years. She now uses her ludicrous abundance of procrastination experience to support other writers. She recently decided it was time to give up the do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do teacher philosophy and actually start heeding her own advice. She published her non-fiction title, Wellspring, a distillation of the advice she gives in workshops, as a fare-thee-well to her writers. She now offers workshops only occasionally, on very special occasions.
While writing and publishing her own work (poetry, prose and non-fiction) is Laura’s main focus these days, she still finds time to champion and encourage other writers in both voluntary and professional capacities, including writing events, the establishment of the Forth Valley Writers Collective and the provision of editing and publishing services.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Classes and Workshops
- Aye Write: The Writing of Janet Paisley with Dr Linda Jackson, University of Strathclyde
- Creative Conversations – Novelist Jacob Ross
- The Raft Glasgow Film Theatre
- Poetry at Inn Deep
- Aye Write: Louise Welsh Introduces… Temi Oh & Bridget Collins
- Aye Write: Helena Kennedy QC
- Aye Write: Stuart Cosgrove & Ken McNab
- Aye Write: Frank Quitely The Comics That Made Me
- Tracey Thorn at Aye Write
- Open Mic Tuesdays at Queen Margaret Union
- David Keenan and Chris McQueer in Conversation
- Lorna Goodison, Poet Laureate of Jamaica in Conversation with Louise Welsh
- Clochoderick Press Presents an Evening of Poetry and Spoken Word
- Women in Islam Exhibition
- Book Launch: Handle with Care and other stories by Ann MacLaren
- Tandem at The Tron
- OK Fest – Kilmacolm’s Festival of Sound
- Sisters and Seamonsters – Chiara Berardelli
- Creative Conversations: Mark Cousins
- St Mungo’s Mirrorball Mirrorball Poetry Showcase February, 2019