Exhibition & Launch: Being Human, The Arches, Launch 4 June, 2015
Exhibition & Launch: Being Human
Launch: June 4 at 6.30 – 8 p.m.
Exhibition runs 4-21 June, 2015
A programme of visual art by Iranian refugee artists living in Scotland that explores a central theme of ‘being human’ and how the refugee experience has influenced their practice. Featuring exhibitions by IMan Tajik Photography and Paria Goodarzi.
Join us for the launch of Being Human on Thursday 4 June, featuring live performances from Iranian rappers, keynote speeches from the artists, a showcase of contemporary Iranian fashion design by Dina Abdood and dance from Maryhill Integration mIN and Albscott – Albanian Scottish Association.
Launch: Thursday 4 June, 6.30-8pm at the Arches Cafe Bar and Restaurant, FREE
Exhibition: 4-21 June, 10am-10pm in The Arches foyer, FREE
Part of Refugee Festival Scotland, produced by Scottish Refugee Council – helping refugees re-build their lives in Scotland for 30 years.
For more information about th efeatured artists, visit: www.thearches.co.uk/events/arts/being-human
The Arches, 253 Argyle Street, Glasgow G2 8DL
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Denise Noone Bathing Bells at Govanhill Baths review by Pat Byrne
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Brushes With War, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Bathing Bells Exhibition, Govanhill Baths
- Young Talent Exhibition, ProjectAbility Glasgow
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- Museums at Night, Glasgow, October, 2018
- Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow Exhibition, The Mitchell
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Cryptic Sonica in Glasgow 2018 – Portal, Pivot and Visaurihelix
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- HYPERMARKET – ART CAR BOOT, SWG3 2018
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Summer Show 2018, Ardarden Farm Shop
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend