Exhibition & Launch: Being Human, The Arches, Launch 4 June, 2015
Exhibition & Launch: Being Human
Launch: June 4 at 6.30 – 8 p.m.
Exhibition runs 4-21 June, 2015
A programme of visual art by Iranian refugee artists living in Scotland that explores a central theme of ‘being human’ and how the refugee experience has influenced their practice. Featuring exhibitions by IMan Tajik Photography and Paria Goodarzi.
Join us for the launch of Being Human on Thursday 4 June, featuring live performances from Iranian rappers, keynote speeches from the artists, a showcase of contemporary Iranian fashion design by Dina Abdood and dance from Maryhill Integration mIN and Albscott – Albanian Scottish Association.
Launch: Thursday 4 June, 6.30-8pm at the Arches Cafe Bar and Restaurant, FREE
Exhibition: 4-21 June, 10am-10pm in The Arches foyer, FREE
Part of Refugee Festival Scotland, produced by Scottish Refugee Council – helping refugees re-build their lives in Scotland for 30 years.
For more information about th efeatured artists, visit: www.thearches.co.uk/events/arts/being-human
The Arches, 253 Argyle Street, Glasgow G2 8DL
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- M Gallery, Winter Exhibition Launch
- Cafe Gandolfi, Festive Art Exhibition
- ‘Unwrapped’ Show at The Thistle Gallery 2018
- Art Auction Fundraiser – Cure Claire’s Cancer
- A Weakness for Raisins Ester Krumbachová exhibition CCA
- Open Studio Lodestone Art Bowling ‘She Sits and Watches Sinking Ships’
- Open Studio with Rowena Comrie, Bowling Harbour
- Open Door Day Centre for Advanced Textiles Glasgow School of Art
- Jonas Staal The Scottish-European Parliament Exhibition CCA
- Scottish Art Show, Awestruck Academy, Clydebank
- Falling Leaves Exhibition at The Thistle Gallery
- Brushes With War – WW1 Centenary Celebrations, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Talks at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- William Hunter Tercentenary Exhibition The Hunterian
- Denise Noone Bathing Bells at Govanhill Baths review by Pat Byrne
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Brushes With War, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Bathing Bells Exhibition, Govanhill Baths
- Young Talent Exhibition, ProjectAbility Glasgow
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery