Exhibition & Launch: Being Human, The Arches, Launch 4 June, 2015
Exhibition & Launch: Being Human
Launch: June 4 at 6.30 – 8 p.m.
Exhibition runs 4-21 June, 2015
A programme of visual art by Iranian refugee artists living in Scotland that explores a central theme of ‘being human’ and how the refugee experience has influenced their practice. Featuring exhibitions by IMan Tajik Photography and Paria Goodarzi.
Join us for the launch of Being Human on Thursday 4 June, featuring live performances from Iranian rappers, keynote speeches from the artists, a showcase of contemporary Iranian fashion design by Dina Abdood and dance from Maryhill Integration mIN and Albscott – Albanian Scottish Association.
Launch: Thursday 4 June, 6.30-8pm at the Arches Cafe Bar and Restaurant, FREE
Exhibition: 4-21 June, 10am-10pm in The Arches foyer, FREE
Part of Refugee Festival Scotland, produced by Scottish Refugee Council – helping refugees re-build their lives in Scotland for 30 years.
For more information about th efeatured artists, visit: www.thearches.co.uk/events/arts/being-human
The Arches, 253 Argyle Street, Glasgow G2 8DL
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School