Exhibition & Launch: Being Human, The Arches, Launch 4 June, 2015
Exhibition & Launch: Being Human
Launch: June 4 at 6.30 – 8 p.m.
Exhibition runs 4-21 June, 2015
A programme of visual art by Iranian refugee artists living in Scotland that explores a central theme of ‘being human’ and how the refugee experience has influenced their practice. Featuring exhibitions by IMan Tajik Photography and Paria Goodarzi.
Join us for the launch of Being Human on Thursday 4 June, featuring live performances from Iranian rappers, keynote speeches from the artists, a showcase of contemporary Iranian fashion design by Dina Abdood and dance from Maryhill Integration mIN and Albscott – Albanian Scottish Association.
Launch: Thursday 4 June, 6.30-8pm at the Arches Cafe Bar and Restaurant, FREE
Exhibition: 4-21 June, 10am-10pm in The Arches foyer, FREE
Part of Refugee Festival Scotland, produced by Scottish Refugee Council – helping refugees re-build their lives in Scotland for 30 years.
For more information about th efeatured artists, visit: www.thearches.co.uk/events/arts/being-human
The Arches, 253 Argyle Street, Glasgow G2 8DL
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- Mackintosh Still Life Drawing
- Patrick McAlindon at The Glasgow Guild
- Rhona Mühlebach Loch Long Solo Exhibition GFT
- Thistle Gallery: Vibrant Show Celebrates The Coming of Spring
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2019
- Starchild Art for Africa with McTears Auctioneers and The Hidden Lane Gallery
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection Project Ability
- Rites of Spring, Thistle Gallery
- Spring Chinese Craft Fair, M Gallery Glasgow
- Lynn Howarth Featured Artist at The Glasgow Gallery
- The German Revolution: Expressionist Prints Lunchtime Talks Programme
- Hand Drawn Action Packed The Hunterian
- ‘I Say Nothing’ Kelvingrove – introduction by Christine Borland
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection ProjectAbility
- Glasgow School of Art MFA MFA WIP Screening 2, CCA
- Passing Moments Caught in Time…. Thistle Gallery
- The German Revolution at the Hunterian Art Gallery
- Nelson Mandela The Centenary Exhibition The Lighthouse
- Katherine MacBride – Having Been Breathed Out / Patriarchy Over and Out