An Evening with Val McDermid hosted by Louise Welsh, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street, 30 August, 2017
Wednesday, 30 August, 2017 – 6.45 p.m.
Celebrating the launch of the 10th book in the Tony Hill and Carol Jordan series. This will be a great evening of ‘thrilling chat’ between two of Scotland’s most popular crime and thriller authors, Val McDermid and Louise Welsh. Number one bestseller, Val McDermid returns with her pulse-pounding, suspenseful new novel featuring two of the most distinctive and iconic characters in crime fiction: Tony Hill and Carol Jordan.
This is a free event but please ask a bookseller or call the shop to reserve your place.
Murdered people don’t kill themselves…
When charred human remains are discovered in the driver’s seat of a burning car, DCI Carol Jordan and psychological profiler Tony Hill are brought in to investigate. They soon discover that what appeared to be a terrible accident is, in fact, murder.
Delving deeper into the case, they begin the dangerous hunt for a most sinister killer with the power to inflict untold fear and pain on their victims.
The Tony Hill and Carol Jordan Series in reading order: The Mermaids Singing, The Wire in the Blood, The Last Temptation, The Torment of Others, Beneath the Bleeding, Fever of the Bone, The Retribution, Cross and Burn, Splinter the Silence, Insidious Intent.
Waterstones, 153 – 157 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3EW
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library
- Aye Write: Wee Write One Button Benny with Alan Windram
- Ann-Marie MacDonald in conversation with Louise Welsh, University of Glasgow