Exhibition ERICA EYRES & GARNET MCCULLOCH The Vegetable Store 08 Apr 2016 – 25 Apr 2016 Fireworks Studio
ERICA EYRES & GARNET MCCULLOCH
The Vegetable Store
08 Apr 2016 – 25 Apr 2016
The exhibition features ceramic works, video and drawings. It develops a dysfunctional fruit and vegetable shop within the front gallery space of Fireworks Pottery.
In contradiction to the colourful abundance associated with modern produce displays, many of the objects in this display appear wrinkled, mouldy and past their sell-by date. Clay versions of paper bags and boxes also feature prominently on the shelves. Contextualised by the video and drawings, the installation satirises the fetishised feel-good approach that has become ubiquitous in contemporary grocery chains.
Elements of the pottery studio, such as potter’s wheels, clay and tools, remain within the installation. They allude to each vegetable’s creation and form a joke around the notion of locally-sourced natural foods.
Supported by Glasgow International.
- Gorbals Fair 2019
- The Dark Carnival: Unplugged
- The Library Music Film – DJ and Party
- Seeds of Thought – Creative Writing
- Richard Holloway ‘Waiting for the Last Bus’ review Mary Irvine
- Electric Honey Records Showcase – OranMor
- Look Who’s Talking Now with Des Dillon
- Helen Fitzgerald and Doug Johnstone at Waterstones Sauchiehall St
- Yikes Film Club presents Grand Budapest Hotel
- Book Launch: ‘this exquisite corpse’ Tawnya Renelle
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Dialogue: Niven Govinden and Season Butler
- Wild Festival and Gala, Children’s Wood
- The Bolshoi Ballet: Carmen Suite / Petrushka Live
- Arctic GFT
- Birds of Passage
- Slow Food Glasgow Food, Class and Transformation in Glasgow
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival Bailando Con Margot: An Encore Screening CCA
- Asbury Park: Riot, Redemption, Rock n Roll GFT