Exhibition ERICA EYRES & GARNET MCCULLOCH The Vegetable Store 08 Apr 2016 – 25 Apr 2016 Fireworks Studio
ERICA EYRES & GARNET MCCULLOCH
The Vegetable Store
08 Apr 2016 – 25 Apr 2016
The exhibition features ceramic works, video and drawings. It develops a dysfunctional fruit and vegetable shop within the front gallery space of Fireworks Pottery.
In contradiction to the colourful abundance associated with modern produce displays, many of the objects in this display appear wrinkled, mouldy and past their sell-by date. Clay versions of paper bags and boxes also feature prominently on the shelves. Contextualised by the video and drawings, the installation satirises the fetishised feel-good approach that has become ubiquitous in contemporary grocery chains.
Elements of the pottery studio, such as potter’s wheels, clay and tools, remain within the installation. They allude to each vegetable’s creation and form a joke around the notion of locally-sourced natural foods.
Supported by Glasgow International.
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Only You GFT
- Dark Vanilla Jungle Websters
- Scarred GFT
- The Brink GFT
- Eureka GFT
- Pavarotti plus satellite Q & A GFT
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- In Conversation with Gurinder Chadha GFT
- Armstrong GFT
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Midsommar GFT
- Young at Heart Dance for Over 50s
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan