Exhibition ERICA EYRES & GARNET MCCULLOCH The Vegetable Store 08 Apr 2016 – 25 Apr 2016 Fireworks Studio
ERICA EYRES & GARNET MCCULLOCH
The Vegetable Store
08 Apr 2016 – 25 Apr 2016
The exhibition features ceramic works, video and drawings. It develops a dysfunctional fruit and vegetable shop within the front gallery space of Fireworks Pottery.
In contradiction to the colourful abundance associated with modern produce displays, many of the objects in this display appear wrinkled, mouldy and past their sell-by date. Clay versions of paper bags and boxes also feature prominently on the shelves. Contextualised by the video and drawings, the installation satirises the fetishised feel-good approach that has become ubiquitous in contemporary grocery chains.
Elements of the pottery studio, such as potter’s wheels, clay and tools, remain within the installation. They allude to each vegetable’s creation and form a joke around the notion of locally-sourced natural foods.
Supported by Glasgow International.
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017
- ProjectAbility Pop Up Shop orignal arts and crafts, Nov/Dec, 2017
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Exhibition in Napier Hall, 20 – 22 October, 2017
- Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.
- Scotland’s Own Coinage, The Hunterian, From 3 October 2017
- Glasgow Society of Women Artists at the Lillie Gallery, 7th October – 2nd November 2017
- A Synchronology: the contemporary and other times, Hunterian Art Gallery, 27 October 2017 – 28 January 2018
- Mackintosh Club, Helensburgh, Mackintosh Festival 2017
- Family Ties, Thistle Gallery, 30 September – 15 October, 2017