Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
Exhibition open: Fri 13 July – Sun 29 July – 12 – 6pm
Open Thursdays to Sundays.
The Pipe Factory, 42 Bain Street, G40 2LA
Encounter no. 1 is a joint endeavour by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid and is intended to be the first of many collaborations. The project was selected as part of CCA’s Intermedia programme and will be hosted by The Pipe Factory.
Through sculpture, writing, performance, and video, Mabadi and Reid mobilise efforts to alert viewers and participants to the role of the body, including internal landscapes, in our digitised era.
Their new works consider the implications that digitisation and contemporary communication technologies have on the experience of being in your body and on the ways you encounter another.
Throughout Encounter no. 1, the central components of privacy – solitude, intimacy, anonymity, and reserve – resonate. Care is important. By “resuscitating the corporeal” in our new media environment they explore ways of experiencing being-there and being-with.
Outwith exhibition opening times there will be a series of performances of Mabadi and Reid’s new collaborative work, I welcome this opportunity to get to know you, stranger.
Performances of I welcome this opportunity to get to know you, stranger (booking essential*)
Friday 20 July, 11am
Saturday 21 July, 11am
Monday 23 July, 6pm
*There are four places available on each performance. To book a place, please speak to the artists while they invigilate the exhibition, or email email@example.com
The exhibition is at The Pipe Factory in the Ground Floor Gallery. The entrance is on Moncur Street through double doors and is step-free, however there is a lip at the entrance doorway.
The gallery has uneven flooring. There is a step, which is marked with hazard tape. The area beyond the step is not part of the main exhibition. There is a toilet located on the top floor of the building reached by stairs, there are no toilet facilities on the ground floor.
The exhibition text and gallery map is available in large print from the invigilator. The work within the exhibition does not include flashing lights or loud noise.
If you have any questions or would like further information please get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book Launch: ‘this exquisite corpse’ Tawnya Renelle
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Dialogue: Niven Govinden and Season Butler
- Wild Festival and Gala, Children’s Wood
- The Bolshoi Ballet: Carmen Suite / Petrushka Live
- Arctic GFT
- Birds of Passage
- Slow Food Glasgow Food, Class and Transformation in Glasgow
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival Bailando Con Margot: An Encore Screening CCA
- Asbury Park: Riot, Redemption, Rock n Roll GFT
- Donbass GFT
- Submissions Glasgow Film Festival
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Robin Lloyd-Jones ‘A life in books’ Helensburgh Library
- Southside Film Festival 2019
- Wild Rose Review Pat Byrne
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- Liam Gallagher: As It Was plus Exclusive Live Satellite Performance
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT